Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

spanish optometry book

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by TAL, Aug 1, 2002.

1. TAL

TAL Senior Member

Hey,

I think I am gonna buy this book as well.....

Practical Spanish in Eyecare
    by Brian Chou

Even though I have apparently bought way too many textbooks (oops and oh well). I thumbed through this little pocketbook at my undergrad library, and it looked really handy for folks that need a spanish refresher and plan to have a large spanish-speaking patient base (Texas!) Let me know if anyone has this book and has found it useful. It's on amazon.

Tommy
    UHCO 2006

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cpw

cpw It's a boy !!!
    Moderator Emeritus

Optometrist
    UHCO has a spanish for optometry elective that I'm going to take next summer. It's a two hour class offered as an elective. I'm not sure if they use a book.. but it sounds like a good idea regardless. Also, SVOSH (one of our student organizations) sells a spanish handbook on campus. I'm sure you'll hear about it once you get there. It's definitely good to know at least some spanish to work at the UHCO clinic. :D

4. r_salis

r_salis SDN Supa-Mod Emmetrope
    Moderator Emeritus

Optometrist
    "Uno o dos?"

(Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week... I know, don't quit my day job. Oh wait, I did that to go back to school for optometry...)

5. cpw

cpw It's a boy !!!
    Moderator Emeritus

Optometrist
    :laugh: And don't worry, I quit my day job to be where I am too! (and I wouldn't go back.. I love what I'm doing!!)

6. Optometry

Optometry Junior Member

Tommy,
    I have that book, and I think that it will be very helpful when we get into the clinic.

7. acurarte

acurarte Member

mejor o peor?