Special case- Dental School acceptance? DAT Breakdown! Thank you SDN!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elshaer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to start out by saying thank you to everyone on SDN! I acquired so much information that has helped me so much throughout my application process.

So I think I have a special case that I would like to get some feedback on. I am a Canadian applicant. I applied to 4 dental schools on August 28, 2012. I applied to UDM, BU, NYU and UoP. I know, I know its a late application. I took the DAT today, September 17. I figured my results would get there at the same time as my application, so that's why I delayed writing it.

I scored a 21AA, 21TS, 25OG, 23GC, 20B, 20RC, 20QR, 18PAT. I was scoring 18-19 in gen chem and orgo before my exam....until I pulled a CHADS video marathon and just connected all the dots together and just destroyed those sections.

I am currently in Biology in my 4th year. I was in Physics, for my first few year but decided to switch. This required me to take ALOT of advanced level mathematics courses, which I did not do well in. I DISLIKE MATH. So this naturally brought down my average. I turned to biology because of my interest in dental school and aloud me to take upper level biology courses.

So my overall is 3.5 and science gpa 3.42 (due to the math!!!). My BCP average is 3.68. I must admit, gpa first year was awful, and got better as the years progressed. Last year I got a 3.86 gpa!

I have spent ample time in a lab working on a research project involved in radiation oncology, developing a rat radiation lung model. I was involved in relay for life on campus, and spent many hours coordinating th event. I only spent 40 hrs at a general dentists office. I worked with my local school boared as a math tutor, tutoring elementary students. I have recently aquired volunteering experience at a cardiology clinic doing some research.

So looking at my GPA, DAT, and late applications, what are my chances of getting into the schools I applied to?

I will provide a full DAT breakdown tomorrow, I am extreemly tired and am very sick! Yes I wrote my DATs today and, yes I was sick :(

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ah! Embarrassing! I'm still new to posting on here! Thank you very much tho!