Special Programs or Master degrees

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ComplexPuzzle, Feb 15, 2002.

1. ComplexPuzzle

ComplexPuzzle shakin dat a**

Does anyone know of any special programs or master degree programs that can be completed in one year. I know Georgetown has one, but does anyone know of any others off the top of their head. I want to stay away from post-bac program. Really don't need to improve grades and demonstrate ability.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. danjou

danjou Member

I just checked out a "premed success" book from the library that had a list of one-year degree programs. Of course I don't have it with me at the moment, and of course I don't know the exact title off the top of my head other than "Premedical" and "Success". I do remember the author was an MD, JD and something about a Fellowship for Legal Medicine.

Okay, I know, that's incredibly cryptic, I do apologize. I will try to re-post when I can get my hands on the book.

But I believe that Boston University also had a one year program, as well as Scripps College in California.

4. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Resident [Any Field]
    MCV offers a one year program. Would you classifiy it as a post-bac program? It is a certificate program that is pretty intense. I don't know if it is what you want but here is the web site address.

<a href="http://www.medschool.vcu.edu/gp/hscert.htm" target="_blank">http://www.medschool.vcu.edu/gp/hscert.htm</a>

5. ComplexPuzzle

Thanks. If anyone else knows of any other schools just let me know.

Tiffany

6. ComplexPuzzle

thanks. does anyone else have any other ideas.

7. souljah1

souljah1 Attending

I am currently completing a one year MS at Columbia University's Institute of Human Nutrition. It is a pretty decent program. If you want to check it out, go to the <a href="http://www.columbia.edu" target="_blank">www.columbia.edu</a> and go to the College of Physicians and surgeons, then go to the IHN. Pretty good program

8. notimetokill

notimetokill Junior Member

Non-Student
    Can you give more details about the program or maybe compare it to others? (Does it help for getting in to med school the following year (linkages), what's the coursework like, the other people in the program, opportunities it might provide) I'm currently deciding between the IHN program at Columbia and BU's Medical Sciences program, Georgetown's CAM program, and Dartmouth's MPH program...and suggestions???

Thanks.