specialties of each program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

obiwan

Attending Physician
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know that duke is god for cards and cornell for heme/onc but can anyone tell me what other programs have certain specialties that they are better known for?

Members don't see this ad.

i know that duke is god for cards and cornell for heme/onc but can anyone tell me what other programs have certain specialties that they are better known for?

Pitt for pulm-cc.

Members don't see this ad :)

Add:
cards- add BWH and CC
H/O- UPenn, MGH/BWH

As for residencies and fellowships:

Baylor/Texas Heart Center and Cleveland Clinic for Cards and Card Surgery
Baylor and MDAnderson for Heme-Onc/Cancer
Hopkins for ENT
Hopkins, Mayo and Duke for Neuro
Mayo for Endo and Ortho
UCLA for Geriatric
Mass Gen and Columbia for Kidney

Hopkins for ENT
Mayo for Endo and Ortho
UCLA for Geriatric

What about Brighams for nephrology?

Hopkins for ENT
Mayo for Endo and Ortho
UCLA for Geriatric

Baylor im residents don't really see MD Anderson. UTH, even though it doesn't have much of an overall reputation, often matches 2 to MD Anderson because they get to rotate through there. So your odds of winding up at MD Anderson from a Texas residency are higher from UTH than Baylor or UTSW.

So your odds of winding up at MD Anderson from a Texas residency are higher from UTH than Baylor or UTSW.

That is true.

In the above post, I should have separated each program. What I should have said is: one can get great fellowship training in Heme/Onc at MDACC and great training as a fellow at Baylor's Heme/Onc program (there are a lot of Baylor trained oncologists working all over Texas).

That is true.

In the above post, I should have separated each program. What I should have said is: one can get great fellowship training in Heme/Onc at MDACC and great training as a fellow at Baylor's Heme/Onc program (there are a lot of Baylor trained oncologists working all over Texas).

I have heard this on the trail a number of times (even once from a chair of Medicine). Why is the Baylor H/O program so highly regarded?