Specialty Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hope7

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the top ten dental schools that have a good record in placing its students into specialty programs? Where can I get this info? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Dear Hope,
Of the dental schools that I've interviewed, North Carolina and U of Pennsylvania both have excellent reputations in getting people into specialty programs. Last year U of Penn placed 11 students into Oral Surgery and 7 into Orthodontics, which is amazing! North Carolina also has a very good reputation of getting people into specialities that students want. Although research is not required at UNC, a lot of students do it. I believe they said the percentage was around 97% of their PREFERRED speciality. So be careful when you ask for the percent because some students don't get into their first choice, and so apply to 2nd or third. Ask the schools what % actually get into their preferred choice of specialty.

UCLA has a 90% rate of getting their dental students into specialty program. You can call he admissions office for specifics on this info.

Dentalski37