Specific BCPM question, tried searching

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vassili Zaitsev

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, got a question here. If I'm a biology major, would a non-major elective course entitled Biology of AIDS count toward my BCPM GPA? It doesn't get counted for me hours-wise, but it's factored into my overall GPA regardless. I know classes like molecular biology and vertebrate physiology will count according to a sticky I found on here, but I haven't seen anything regarding non-major electives.

Any help will be appreciated! :D

Members don't see this ad.

It's a biology class. It's likely a lower leveled bio but it's going to count for your BCPM, unless its a non-credit class( since you said that hourwise it doesn't count).

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you're right about it being a lower level course offered through the biology department. Here's the description provided by UT:

BIO 307D BIOLOGY OF AIDS
Designed for nonscience majors. Introduction to organs, cells, genes, viruses, infectious diseases, and the immune system. Basic biology of HIV, AIDS, and epidemiology. May not be counted toward a degree in biology.

Well that was an unnecessary B. :/ Thanks for the prompt replies though. :)

I think you're right about it being a lower level course offered through the biology department. Here's the description provided by UT:

BIO 307D BIOLOGY OF AIDS
Designed for nonscience majors. Introduction to organs, cells, genes, viruses, infectious diseases, and the immune system. Basic biology of HIV, AIDS, and epidemiology. May not be counted toward a degree in biology.

Well that was an unnecessary B. :/ Thanks for the prompt replies though. :)

Hello... that be no lower level course.... Though i'm amazed that there's a 300 course designed especially for non-majors.