Specs for students accepted to Kansas med (2005)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khaleels23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you have already been accepted to KU med, I was wondering if you would be willing to post your specs (ie Gpa, MCAT score, etc). Kansas is supposed to mail out letter for regular decision tomorrow, so I should know soon enough. I was just hoping to obtain a better idea of the quality of students they accept (to ease my anxiety, which at teh moment is pretty freakin high). Also if you feel that your numbers were lower than the average accepted student, could you include any of your extra ciric. qualifications that you think may have led the admis. board to overlook your numbers. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I recieved a letter of acceptance shortly after my interview. I do not know if i qualify for instate or out in terms of admissions (I am deffinetly out for tuition purposes as i now live in brooklyn) but my GPA in college was like a 3.6 (biochem and eng lit) and MCAT was 31. I did of course graduate from ku. also i have, like, four years of research experience. published.

Good luck! I went the early decision route myself. Hope you get good news tomorrow.

I';n an outof state applicant, recieved my acceptance shortly after the interview and here's my stats:

Gpa: 3.86, MCAT 32 R, lots of extracirriculars and research.

Good luck:) and don''t worry the envelope is thin