speed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rwabdu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have been taking practice tests a lot and i keep running out of time. (the AAMS tests) This is one of my largest worries about my upcoming exam.

I'm taking the MCAT on 8/24. Can anyone suggest ways improve my times? .. maybe just keep practicing..

perhaps I'm reading the passage to slowly trying to remember everything on it. I took a Kaplan course and they told me to take notes of every paragraph, not sure if this helps or not. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i have been taking practice tests a lot and i keep running out of time. (the AAMS tests) This is one of my largest worries about my upcoming exam.

I'm taking the MCAT on 8/24. Can anyone suggest ways improve my times? .. maybe just keep practicing..

perhaps I'm reading the passage to slowly trying to remember everything on it. I took a Kaplan course and they told me to take notes of every paragraph, not sure if this helps or not. Thanks!

Hmm. Well most of the topics covered within MCAT passages should be somewhat familiar to you. You should mainly skim for details your unfamiliar with incase they're asked about in questions. The only way to get familiar with different passage types is through practice. Also, gather main ideas from the passages and use what you need to answer questions. I find for the PS and BS sections, half the questions could be answered without the passage information.