Speeding Ticket

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AudiLova619

D. Lee
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
As the title says, my friend who is also a pre-pod got a speeding ticket (first one ever) and wanted to know if this will hurt his chances. It is not a felony or misdemeanor, it just says traffic infraction.Will he need to report it when applying, even though its just a traffic infraction?

Thank you so much.

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure where the line is drawn on what you should tell them or not, but I would imagine a speeding ticket is pretty minor and doesn't matter much to schools. Especially if it's a first. If you do report this though just make sure you say I... friend would make them confused.

Reactions: 1 users
No one would care about a speeding ticket unless it involves a felony or a misdemeanor and on your record.
Your friend does not need to report to it when applying, though, they need to drive more responsibly, if not for themselves then for others!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,
As the title says, my friend who is also a pre-pod got a speeding ticket (first one ever) and wanted to know if this will hurt his chances. It is not a felony or misdemeanor, it just says traffic infraction.Will he need to report it when applying, even though its just a traffic infraction?

Thank you so much.
Not a problem

But I did include all of my traffic tickets including some parking tickets.

I asked admissions and they told me to do so.

I have completed background check and all came clear.

I am ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I've gotten 1 speeding ticket 2 years prior to applying, I got scholarships ranging from 5k to 10k from all the schools I've interviewed, so I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter

Reactions: 1 users