spelling errors/ gramer errers ( ha ! )

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FreeMeDoctor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went through some of my secondary essays and found some spelling and grammar errors. Damn. That makes me mad at myself.

I hope they dont read them too closely......

Anyone else ?

Members don't see this ad.

Well don't worry. When I write my essays they're probably going to have a lot of grammer mistakes... But I am planning on having my journalism major friend check it.

If they're already there, then don't get too worked up over it. It won't do you any good to agonize over it if they're already submitted.

Members don't see this ad :)
The best advice would be to not read anything that you've already submitted. There's nothing you can do about any mistakes you find, and you'll only get stressed out about it.

haha thats exactly what i did. Once i pressed submit i didn't look at it again untill i was preping for my first interview.

Thankfully MOST admissions committees will overlook a few typos.

I doubt they'll automatically reject somebody because of a couple random, minute grammar or spelling errors. Now an essay rife with obvious mistakes that makes it clear the applicant doesn't consider the school important enough to proofread the submission, well, that's probably a different story.

Well don't worry. When I write my essays they're probably going to have a lot of grammer mistakes... But I am planning on having my journalism major friend check it.

I see so much bad grammar/poor word usage/misspelling in major newspapers these days that I think asking a journalism student is risky---plus they are trained in a style that isn't best for essays that you need to write.

BTW, when you are typing your posts, note the red underlining. It is your clue that you have misspelled something, like "grammer" for "grammar."

You guys have impeckable grammer!

Haha. Funny. But without fail that ALWAYS happens to me.

And Virgil- your jumping creature scares me.

Haha. Funny. But without fail that ALWAYS happens to me.

And Virgil- your jumping creature scares me.