Spelling Mistake on AMCAS App.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScheringPlough

MS III--Go 'Gate
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking over my printed AMCAS application that was verified and transmited in mid Oct. and I realized that what I meant as "Through" turned into "Though." I know that it's not possible to go back and change the error, so now I'm wondering what I should do? Do you guys think I should contact the schools I applied to or just let it go? Any advice would be greatly appreciated....

Members don't see this ad.

leave it. it's definitely not a big deal, and why point out your mistakes, anyway? it's not like "though" vs. "through" drastically changes the meaning of what you were trying to say. and i'm SURE you're not the only one.
(Holls? Anna?)

let it go... :) they probably see errors all the time, and i don't think one small error will affect your chances of admission.

i found a mistake on my uci secondary app: i spelled project 'PROJEC'. duh. i don't know why my spell check didn't catch it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nah it shouldn't be an issue. They're humans on that committee, mostly. So what's your affiliation w/ schering plough? I interned there this summer in the ChemDev division.

hey what's up?? i was totally there this summer too! kenilworth?

I realized that what I meant as "Through" turned into "Though." I know that it's not possible to go back and change the error, so now I'm wondering what I should do?

I say leave it too. It can't possibly be as bad as subsituting "admittingly" for "admittedly". Tee hee.

C.

The AMCAS app screwed me out of the last 9 words of my essay (even though it was under the character limit....pasted it from Word and it had a coniption fit that it didn't show me)....I really was so depressed after that happened b/c I'd submitted it and they said I couldn't change it. However, it doesn't seem to have hurt me so far. I've had 5 interviews so far :) Hopefully I'll get in somewhere, and then I would be able to say that it didn't matter at all. Actually...at Miami the dude interviewing me said that the essay was complete....I have no idea what happened.

Anyways, IMO you shouldn't worry at all! :)

I had two typos in my AMCAS. So far, I have two interviews and no rejections... So I don't think that the typos effected me very much...

I was in Union

So what's your affiliation w/ schering plough?

After I graduated college this past May, I became a full time Assistant Scientist in the Kenilworth Headquaters. It's a small world! I hope it helps for med school entrance..........

I saw a copy of my personal statement and it had he word "put" twice...like "put put". You are brave b/c I'm too scared to check the essay and see if I made the mistake in both places.

IGNORANCE IS BLISS and OH so soothing!

I wouldn't worry about it, a lot of times people don't even notice. I had a big paper due in high school and I meant to entitle it "To make a difference" right there in big 48 font on the first page I put "To make difference." I got a 100 and noticed the problem when he handed it back to me. I asked him about it, and he said that he hadn't even noticed. So on mistake in your application probably won't make A difference. Besides if you put though instead of through, he'll probably just consider it a strange wording rather than if you mispelled February or library.