baylormed

On the Search
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2005
Right behind you
  1. Post Doc
    paceac said:
    Does anybody know how the dispensation of loan money works? Does the school just hang onto it and you withdraw it out of a student account? If you have loans can you pay for tuition on a credit card?

From my experience, anything left over after paying school tuition is either given to you as a check or deposited into your bank account if you have direct deposit. Then you can do with it as you like. :luck:

Looque

Bob Loblaw
    10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Jan 31, 2006
    Hyde Park, Chicago
    1. Medical Student
      baylormed said:
      From my experience, anything left over after paying school tuition is either given to you as a check or deposited into your bank account if you have direct deposit. Then you can do with it as you like. :luck:

I'm hoping to use my leftovers--if I have leftovers--for a nice European getaway between my first and second years. Of course, I'm only now applying. Travel while you can.

About the Ads

baylormed

On the Search
      10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Dec 4, 2005
      Right behind you
      1. Post Doc
        Looque said:
        I'm hoping to use my leftovers--if I have leftovers--for a nice European getaway between my first and second years. Of course, I'm only now applying. Travel while you can.

Nice. I'm planning to use mine to pay for interview travel expenses and secondary fees. O well, maybe next semester I can use that leftover money for something else. :p

Looque

Bob Loblaw
        10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Jan 31, 2006
        Hyde Park, Chicago
        1. Medical Student
          baylormed said:
          Nice. I'm planning to use mine to pay for interview travel expenses and secondary fees. O well, maybe next semester I can use that leftover money for something else. :p

I don't know, I'm going to avoid making as many payments as I can until it's either absolutely necessary that I do, or I've finished my residency and am finally practicing. Until then, I'm using whatever loan money is available to live life...in foreign lands, on vacation.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.