Spending loan money

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paceac

paceac441
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know how the dispensation of loan money works? Does the school just hang onto it and you withdraw it out of a student account? If you have loans can you pay for tuition on a credit card?

Members don't see this ad.

paceac said:
Does anybody know how the dispensation of loan money works? Does the school just hang onto it and you withdraw it out of a student account? If you have loans can you pay for tuition on a credit card?

From my experience, anything left over after paying school tuition is either given to you as a check or deposited into your bank account if you have direct deposit. Then you can do with it as you like. :luck:

baylormed said:
From my experience, anything left over after paying school tuition is either given to you as a check or deposited into your bank account if you have direct deposit. Then you can do with it as you like. :luck:

I'm hoping to use my leftovers--if I have leftovers--for a nice European getaway between my first and second years. Of course, I'm only now applying. Travel while you can.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looque said:
I'm hoping to use my leftovers--if I have leftovers--for a nice European getaway between my first and second years. Of course, I'm only now applying. Travel while you can.

Nice. I'm planning to use mine to pay for interview travel expenses and secondary fees. O well, maybe next semester I can use that leftover money for something else. :p

baylormed said:
Nice. I'm planning to use mine to pay for interview travel expenses and secondary fees. O well, maybe next semester I can use that leftover money for something else. :p

I don't know, I'm going to avoid making as many payments as I can until it's either absolutely necessary that I do, or I've finished my residency and am finally practicing. Until then, I'm using whatever loan money is available to live life...in foreign lands, on vacation.