Split hobbies up in activities? Future hours?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danielcraig20

Reaction score
1. (Last one, I promise I'll stop posting! I just couldn't find a clear consensus in searches)

I grouped research, shadowing, pubs, and awards together. I have several very different hobbies, but only fill 11 slots if I group them together. Would separating one or two of the hobbies into different slots to discuss them more be fine? Or does it look like I'm just trying to stretch out my slots with just basic hobbies?

I know it doesn't matter how many you fill, but just thought may as well use that space to discuss things more.

2. Just to clarify, for future hours for an activity that will go on all year, should I put
start date - application submission date
separately from:
application submission date - projected end date

And include future hours in total hours? Then clarify how much I've actually done in the description? This is an ongoing nonclin volunteer position that's all done online, every single week.

Members don't see this ad.

1. (Last one, I promise I'll stop posting! I just couldn't find a clear consensus in searches)

I grouped research, shadowing, pubs, and awards together. I have several very different hobbies, but only fill 11 slots if I group them together. Would separating one or two of the hobbies into different slots to discuss them more be fine? Or does it look like I'm just trying to stretch out my slots with just basic hobbies?

I know it doesn't matter how many you fill, but just thought may as well use that space to discuss things more.

2. Just to clarify, for future hours for an activity that will go on all year, should I put
start date - application submission date
separately from:
application submission date - projected end date

And include future hours in total hours? Then clarify how much I've actually done in the description? This is an ongoing nonclin volunteer position that's all done online, every single week.
1) One grouped Hobbies slot is common. If one of them is more of an avocation and you have a lot to say about it, feel free to spread it into a second space. I would not fluff your hobbies into three spaces.

2) Yes. You can use the Repeated feature of AMCAS to break your competed hours and highly-certain future hours into two entries using the month of submission as the end of span #1 and also the beginning of span #2 (the latest end date being August 2021). Each will have its own Total Hours, but both datespans will appear at the top of the header for the space. Alternatively, if you are not absolutely sure of how long the activity will continue, add the possible plan to the end of the narrative space, like, "Plan to continue through April 2021 for X hr/wk" without adding the future totaled hours.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users