Sports in College?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

duckk8

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondering if playing 2 sports in college would help with my application for dental school. I played field hockey and lacrosse. I was an all american in field hockey and played every game for lacrosse. My GPA is a 3.2 I hope someone can help and tell me if this is a good thing to mention when applying! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, just wondering if playing 2 sports in college would help with my application for dental school. I played field hockey and lacrosse. I was an all american in field hockey and played every game for lacrosse. My GPA is a 3.2 I hope someone can help and tell me if this is a good thing to mention when applying! Thanks!

of course it will help. It shows that you have other things that you are interested in other than academics.

Thanks for replying I appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad :)
It will surely help! But not as much as a 4.0 will this upcoming semester

haha I'm working on it just got a 3.8 taking physics bio chem physical chem and a individual research course!

Very good! Keep it up and you will be a great well rounded applicant!

Participating is sport and recreational related activities speak to your dynamic character, and when applying to dental schools, assuming your gpa is decent.

Being committed to two sports while keeping a relatively decent gpa is impressive. It will DEFINITELY help with your application and you should definitely emphasize the amount of time you put into those sports on your app, lors from coaches, personal statement, etc.

Yea it might help your application but raises your risk of being a dentist with a cast and doing front desk work!

I rowed in college. Talked about it all my interviews. It's a big part of who you are, so of course include it!

I rowed in college. Talked about it all my interviews. It's a big part of who you are, so of course include it!

Good for you! But I thought we were talking about real sports. :)