Sports Med Board Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hemisphere

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Checked the "mother sticky" and didn't see another thread on this, but if I missed it please let me know...

Looking for tips on what to use to prepare for the sports medicine boards from the "ground up" (did a spine/sports fellowship) but was mostly spine. Review books, review courses, etc. which cover the examination content?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I've asked for help on the Family Med board to no avail. For those of you who have passed the Sports Med Board exam given by ABFM what review books, materials did you study from? What did you find particularly helpful? Thanks in advance.

Well I haven't taken the exam but a couple things you might want to consider:

The ABPMR does have an outline for the exam on their website under sub-specialty exams. This basically shows that pretty much everything is fair game, but you might notice some internal medicine stuff on there that you might not have thought about.

Secondly, there is this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Sports-Medici...7234/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1319068307&sr=8-7

I haven't ever seen it or looked at it or heard if it is good or not, but Dr. Finnoff has his name on it and I have been impressed with him in my interactions with him and believe that he knows his stuff. It might be worth at least looking into.