Sports Medicine 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For fellowship I believe its different. Meaning we find out where when we login. Thats how all the other ones work. I doubt Sports would be different.

Members don't see this ad.

Plus they would tell us that on the important dates. On the nrmp site it says 1/4 as match results.

Reactions: 1 user
Huh. I asked specifically along the way and was told we'd find out where tomorrow in addition to the if, lol. I know everyone else I know who did fellowship matches found out same day.....i.e. Congrats you matched at x for y specialty.
I hope it's not right. It was an email sent to the AFMRD (Associated of Family Medicine Residency Directors) list. This was the email. ..

Here is the data about the Sports Med fellowship match for this year. (the residents looking for a SM fellowship find out tomorrow if they matched, and on the 6th where they matched).

primary-care-sports-medicine-match - 2016

Essentially –175 programs with 269 positions.

Filled 249 positions
161 MD graduates and 84 DOs and 77 International grads

Match rate – 83%, 88%, and 75%, respectively

The data I think helps PDs counsel residents on their fellowship application (what is your backup plan since you only have a 80% chance of getting in?)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think those are the stats from last year. The stats released on nrmp are very similar numbers and were the stats for last years match. Also Jan 6th 2016 was a Wednesday which is likely what they were referring to.

Just a thought. Guess we will find out tomorrow.

I think those are the stats from last year. The stats released on nrmp are very similar numbers and were the stats for last years match. Also Jan 6th 2016 was a Wednesday which is likely what they were referring to.

Just a thought. Guess we will find out tomorrow.
Good catch, I hadn't looked at it closely...just assumed if it was being sent out on that listserv it would be legit.

Thank you for sharing this information

I've gotten two invite so far