spotted: purple suit at interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

siempre595

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, just thought I'd let you all know, if you thought hunter green was scandalous....well.....today I was touring with someone wearing purple. Granted, it was kind of a dark plumish color. But I couldn't resist posting this. Do what you will with it, I have to go interview now!!:p

Members don't see this ad.

maybe they were color blind and *thought* they were buying a hunter green suit.... ;)

and you didnt call the batphone? you let the joker get away!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by mattie113
and you didnt call the batphone? you let the joker get away!!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i've seen a brown courdoroy one (on a girl)

i saw a girl in a dark purple suit at an interview, too, but i commended her for the choice. she looked classy and stood out amongst all the black-suited clones. so i see nothing wrong with it, but i guess it's all a matter of opinion.

Originally posted by indo
Purple suit? Was it on a man or a woman? If it was on a man, maybe it was a pimp just asking for directions to the STD clinic. If it was a woman....so what.

I saw a woman interviewing in a purple suit at two of my NY interviews. She was very nice, and looked great in the suit. Nothing wrong with a woman in a purple suit. BTW, that was pretty funny about the batphone.

Originally posted by indo
Purple suit? Was it on a man or a woman? If it was on a man, maybe it was a pimp just asking for directions to the STD clinic. If it was a woman....so what.
This is kind of an old running joke in one of the threads. The conclusion of that thread is the only appropriate color for a suit would be hunter green, so you can see why people get distressed when others choose to go with something like purple. ;)