Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Spouse/Significiant Other Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by twin, Apr 23, 2007.

1. twin

twin New Member

I messed up.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr. Dukes

Medical Student
    Of all the schools I applied to the only one that actually mentioned a program to this effect is USUHS. They actually go a long way towards making families/wives happy/comfortable/employed in the general DC area.

4. WhoisJohnGalt

WhoisJohnGalt NYC Psychiatrist
    Physician

Attending Physician
    I have definitely never ever heard of that. I could definitely see it at the USUHS, but that seems crazy for civilian med schools...

5. mudphudwannabe

mudphudwannabe Senior Member

MD/PhD Student
    I haven't heard of any kind of formalized program for this for medical students, but I'm sure most schools would be willing to help you find some resources if your spouse was looking for a job.

6. Falco2525

Medical Student
    I know U Chicago has one of these...unfortunatly its not on the list...although I am sure if you talk to those schools HR departments they may be able to help

7. Wanna_B_Scutty

Medical Student
    Yale also has a University-wide office that will help with this.

8. njbmd

njbmd Guest
    Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    Moving to Pre-Allo as this is a pre-med issue. Allopathic medical students read and respond to posts in pre-allo.

9. YOYO230

YOYO230 Member

I have no idea why I am on here...perhaps it is the fact I have a 20 page paper due tomorrow.

So my fiance is in med school and one of his classmates girlfriend who was a biochem major in undergrad got a job in a lab on campus. Her bf (the med student) actually contacted the head guy of the lab and told him he was a med student and his girlfriend was looking for a job. They met with her and hired her within a week or two. So I would say yes, they will work with you to help SO's :)