Spouse/Significiant Other Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I messed up.

Members don't see this ad.

Of all the schools I applied to the only one that actually mentioned a program to this effect is USUHS. They actually go a long way towards making families/wives happy/comfortable/employed in the general DC area.

I have a question for some of you--a little off subject sorry.

I have heard that some schools will help a medical student's spouse/significiant other get a job near the medical school. Do any of you have any experience with this. I am interested in possibly Vandy, Emory, Michigan, Virginia to name a few.

Thanks!!!

I have definitely never ever heard of that. I could definitely see it at the USUHS, but that seems crazy for civilian med schools...

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard of any kind of formalized program for this for medical students, but I'm sure most schools would be willing to help you find some resources if your spouse was looking for a job.

I know U Chicago has one of these...unfortunatly its not on the list...although I am sure if you talk to those schools HR departments they may be able to help

Yale also has a University-wide office that will help with this.

Moving to Pre-Allo as this is a pre-med issue. Allopathic medical students read and respond to posts in pre-allo.

I have no idea why I am on here...perhaps it is the fact I have a 20 page paper due tomorrow.

So my fiance is in med school and one of his classmates girlfriend who was a biochem major in undergrad got a job in a lab on campus. Her bf (the med student) actually contacted the head guy of the lab and told him he was a med student and his girlfriend was looking for a job. They met with her and hired her within a week or two. So I would say yes, they will work with you to help SO's :)