SPRING BREAK!!! What is everybody doing!!?!?

M

mynameistino

Im just curious what all the premeds are spending spring break doing or planning on doing?

passthesashimi

15+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
mynameistino said:
Im just curious what all the premeds are spending spring break doing or planning on doing?
pittsburgh interview!

they say pitt is the hotspot to be in this time of the year, kinda like cancun is.

AStudent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
Status
I went to Toronto and met a Canadian medical student. We discussed the differences between the American and Canadian systems and had a great anatomy lesson later that nght :cool:

LabMonster

Clinically relevant.
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
West
Status
Attending Physician
Studying for the MCAT / studying for classes. yay

OP
M

mynameistino

LabMonster said:
Studying for the MCAT / studying for classes. yay
i feel you....its so depressing seeing everybody else having fun, going out partying, while we sit here and read a book. It'll pay off in the future.

ishaninatte

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2004
Status
My parents are coming to Japan and I'm gonna take them to Hiroshima and Kyoto for temple-o-rama and cherry blossoms.

LauraMac

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2003
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
i went to puerto vallarta. it was super fun! definitely don't let being premed ruin your fun time. :)

ForbiddenComma

Tanned for Bowling
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Me? I am spending my spring break with worthwhile activities. First of all, I am spending many of my nights DRINKING! Yes, I am spending my spring break intaking far too much ethyl alcohol into my system. I only got my acceptance letter 2 days ago! Yay! And St. Patrick's Day is conventiently in the same week. What am I supposed to do besides get to know the fine selection of whites available from Napa Valley?

Well, that and working, and getting my affairs in order. I have a whole bunch of excited-thank-you notes to write, I need to get my financial aid forms in by the end of the month, I have to put my current place on the market. All in all, not quite as fun as mbapharmd77066's 3-word agenda ;)

DoctorMalki

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2004
Status
Going to Florida... :D ..... I have to get through the next two weeks though

HrsNJ

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2005
NJ
Status

0T6

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2004
Toronto/Ottawa
Status
AStudent said:
I went to Toronto and met a Canadian medical student. We discussed the differences between the American and Canadian systems and had a great anatomy lesson later that nght :cool:
LOL, we sure do know our anatomy up here

Agent Splat

Viruses? Don't Exist.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2004
The only major American city to have elected 3 Soc
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Having an unexplained, irregular and elevated heart rate since last Tuesday. Went to the ER on Friday, I'm on a cardiac event monitor for 14 days, and I'm going to see my doctor again today. Wheee!!!

As long as I don't have to pee in a cup.

dbutz02

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2004
Status
I'm going skiing in steamboat, CO. hoping for good weather= Sunny spring skiing

shantster

Eye protection!
10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2005
Wherever life takes me...
Status
Resident [Any Field]
mynameistino said:
I just got back from a two week medical mission trip to Costa Rica and Nicaragua. Definately the best Spring Break I'll have while in college. :)

Larsitron

Mac Addict
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Rochester, NY
Status
Medical Student
Honors Thesis-ing. But I had a beer last night. Partay... +pity+

Blue Scrub

The Gift & The Curse
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Status
im working at my fascinating and stimulating office temp job to do data entry....my vacation will come in July when I'm off to Europe for a few weeks...damn I cant wait!!

OP
M

mynameistino

too much distractions on my spring break so far!

Shredder

User
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2004
Status
Medical Student
mynameistino said:
Nonstop studying for the MCAT instead of heading to South Padre Island. Such is the life of the premed.

Shades McCool

Kal-el
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2002
Birmingham, Alabama
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Going with the boys down to the house in Sea Grove/Destin. A nice week of fishing, chillin, et al.

tacrum43

Behold the mighty echidna
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2004
Seattle, WA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm taking an EMT refresher course online. That and visiting my parents. I wanted to go on a cruise to Mexico, but I couldn't convince any of my friends to come with me.

getunconcsious

Very tired PGY1
10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2004
Cloud 8
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I am drinking myself into oblivion while pondering whether to A) Stay in Texas for medical school B) Come back to Nevada for medical school or C) Come back to Nevada and try to make it big as a blackjack dealer/lounge singer.