Spring Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saa09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent my transcript to AMCAS a few weeks ago, and I just got my spring grades last night. My new cumulative GPA is just .015 higher than my pre-spring cumulative GPA (an it's already over 3.8), so I think that there's no real advantage to resending the transcript, but there is a disadvantage of having to wait longer for the transcript to get to AMCAS. Am I right or should I resend the transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

Aren't you required to send them updated transcripts as soon as you get them?

Oh, maybe, I should look that up. In that case will they still send out my application before they get the new transcripts? And can I send in to transcripts without the transcript request form, since i'm no longer on campus?

Members don't see this ad :)

No, and don't bother sending it again. You're GPA is already over a 3.8, which means an increase of GPA has diminishing returns for the amount of work you put into it anyway. The delay from them acknowledging that the transcript was received (and remember they are EXTREMELY slow) would hurt you more anyway.

No, and don't bother sending it again. You're GPA is already over a 3.8, which means an increase of GPA has diminishing returns for the amount of work you put into it anyway. The delay from them acknowledging that the transcript was received (and remember they are EXTREMELY slow) would hurt you more anyway.

So would the next time I send the transcript to anyone be at the end of the application cycle?
Or should I submit my application, and after that request another transcript? If so will the schools get an updated GPA?
Also, for Dean's List in the ECs, can I put down Dean's list for spring, even though the transcript I have right now won't reflect it?