spring quarter grades + transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedicine555

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I did use the seach function, but I'm still confused.

Spring Quarter grades WILL bring my GPA UP (the classes i'm taking are classes I do well in). So if I submit my transcript + amcas June 20th, will I be late? I didn't know you had the option of sending transcript/amcas at different times..

Members don't see this ad.

So I did use the seach function, but I'm still confused.

Spring Quarter grades WILL bring my GPA UP (the classes i'm taking are classes I do well in). So if I submit my transcript + amcas June 20th, will I be late? I didn't know you had the option of sending transcript/amcas at different times..

You need to submit all your transcripts before you submit for verification. If your grades will increase your GPA then on the first available day (June 20th sounds like?) you should order your official transcripts to be overnighted to AMCAS. As soon as they are received submit for verification. Submitting by late June will get you verified by mid-July. That is still plenty early.

Schools don't even get your info until late June. Those that don't screen will send you secondaries before you are verified anyway, and those that do screen will start sending out secondaries in July.

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry forgot to write: how long does transcipt verification take? cuz I have to submit AMCAS only when transcript is verfied.

PS: your mdapps is pretty inspiring :). kinda in the situation I myself am in.

sorry forgot to write: how long does transcipt verification take? cuz if it takes a week, then I have to submit my AMCAS a week later too?

You submit all your transcripts and it shows when they receive them.
You fill out your AMCAS
Then you submit. Once you submit they verify all the grades you submitted.
It takes anywhere from a couple of business days to 8-12weeks. The later you submit the longer it takes. But late June is still early, I can't imagine it will take more than a week for them to verify.
Once you are verified all the schools will have your grades and scores, you will start to receive secondaries to complete.

Even before you are verified schools receive your contact info and are informed you applied to them. A couple of schools will send you secondaries before you are verified.

It takes anywhere from a couple of business days to 8-12weeks. The later you submit the longer it takes

By "it" you mean the actual AMCAS apps-not transcript, correct?

By "it" you mean the actual AMCAS apps-not transcript, correct?

I mean the verification process (which is AMCAS checking what you entered for grades against the actual transcript)

How long your transcript takes depends on your school and you probably need to find that out. My school took 3 weeks after the end of the semester before grades were on the official transcript, I then ordered the transcript RUSH and overnighted to AMCAS for $28. How long it takes to order the transcript from the school and what kind of shipping options they offer is something you'll have to ask your school about.

If your semester ends on June 20th then the it may not be such a great idea if the grades won't be on the transcripts until late July. Even thats not the end of the world, but verification time at that point is probably more like 2-4 weeks.

well on my school website it says, "The deadline to submit grades is one week after the end of finals week." Which means around June 20th the official transcript is ready (classes end June 10th for quarter).. so I'm good?

well on my school website it says, "The deadline to submit grades is one week after the end of finals week." Which means around June 20th the official transcript is ready.. so I'm good?

Well I would call the office of registrar and ask.

At my school grades were due 1 week after finals too, but it took a full 3 for it to be on the transcript.

Oh well I think I'm fine cuz with my exprience it's been spot on for my school. Last year my official grades came out June 20th :)

Oh well I think I'm fine cuz with my exprience it's been spot on for my school. Last year my official grades came out June 20th :)

Well again, its not when the grades come out (are released to you). Its when they are ADDED TO THE TRANSCRIPT. At many schools that takes longer.

Well again, its not when the grades come out (are released to you). Its when they are ADDED TO THE TRANSCRIPT. At many schools that takes longer.

Shoot! I always though I'd be appling this year but I really need my spring grades to be on there. I go to ucla so can anyone veRify when grades show up on official transcript? I think 3 days after it shows up on myucla gradebook?

Edit
Registrar says 'Complete academic transcripts are available approximately two weeks after the last day of the term.' So that would be around the 24th for me
http://www.registrar.ucla.edu/soc/services.htm#Anchor-Official-42424

Last edited: