Spring semester of sophomore year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NNPham

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.4 GPA and I really want to do well next semester (make a 4.0). I will be taking three science classes, it includes orgo 2, orgo lab, and molecular bio. I feel like these classes will be the most challenging in my schedule. Are there any tips or how y'all prepared and studied to make good grades? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Study until you're so confident that practice tests seem like a joke.

For me, organic 2 was memorization. All of my tests included questions stating: "Provide the MAJOR product for the following reactions. Be sure to include stereochemistry where appropriate." And all of my tests had at least 1 or 2 mechanism questions. I studied for orgo every day. I got a B in orgo 1 and an A- in orgo 2.

Also, I bought the books Organic Chemistry As a Second Language by David Klein. And for organic lab I bought The Organic Chem Lab survival Manual by James Zubrick.

As for molecular biology I never took that. But, I did take cell biology, biochemistry, and microbiology. Just study!

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep up with the lecture material and never fall behind. Trust me--cramming is no fun and it tends to be ineffective, especially for a problem-solving class like O-Chem. I'd recommend Klein's book as well, if you haven't already gotten it for O-Chem I.

I have a 3.4 GPA and I really want to do well next semester (make a 4.0). I will be taking three science classes, it includes orgo 2, orgo lab, and molecular bio. I feel like these classes will be the most challenging in my schedule. Are there any tips or how y'all prepared and studied to make good grades? Thanks

What's your mcat score if you don't mind sharing?

Nevermind since you're taking orgo 2 I'm betting you haven't taken mcat yet. Haha nvm. Good luck with your studies!