1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Sr's Please ADVISE

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by Jess25, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Jess25

Jess25 Junior Member

Dental Student
    Hello everybody!!!

I would love some advice from anyone practicing, in school, or any input from you all. I've bot a 2.62 ECE and 3.51 WES gpa. An 86 on my Part 1, and a perfect score TOEFL.

NYU wasn't really interested. I called and their average this year was 3.2 with an 85...

Should I redo my part 1? I was in the process of preparing for part 2, but that would only help for 2 more schools - Loma Linda and New Jersey.

Should I do my GRE and get into a Masters program?
    Are there any programs other than MPH??? Just curious indices are really weak point for me?

OR should I do what most Canadian dentists say? Do the Canadian boards? I'm under the impression its part 1 and 2 COMBINED? The idea makes me dizzy

Right now I'm thinking of doing every exam I can get my hands on.

SDN is a great place and well I really wanna want your opinions and advice! Plus the seniors here rock!

Help me.... my goal's to be in school, come one year...

Seniors PLS Advise.
    Jess25

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. NileBDS

NileBDS SDNator
    Moderator Emeritus

Dentist
    How about your experience ? It's not all about numbers (especially in your case). I am going to say that you have little of it, which may make some ADCOMs (admission committees) nervous voting in your favor with such average numbers ... give us some more input.

You're on the right track though ...

4. Jess25

Jess25 Junior Member

Dental Student
    I've just have my one year Internship in India, and another year assisting various dentists here in town.

Do you think my stats are in line with that of a newbie like myself? I'm not too sure. I've been working on my appl packages right now actually. What do you think, with that amount of experience, does it corelate with my stats??

Jess.

#3 Jess25, Jun 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2008