St. George's Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockaway

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there have any idea how long it takes to hear from SGU after you've submitted your application? Mine is in for review for the Jan. semester. I sent it in approx. 2-3 weeks ago.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It may take as long as 1 month, especially since the August class is just underway and the committee has been busy getting that class going.

I would say, wait for about 3-4 weeks and if you still do not hear anything, call SGU and inquire nicely about your application's status.

I send in my application for January MORE than 1 month ago, and was interviewed about 3-4 weeks ago, and have not yet heard anything about an accepteance/rejection. But, they WILL let you know if you anything does happen...don't worry.

Pursuing,
thanks for the info., good luck to you......who knows, maybe we'll be classmates!!
take care
Patty Shea
Northampton, MA

Members don't see this ad :)
Daffy,
The Residency picture is looking really good and improving every year. For specifics about the Class of 2002, go to the forum page at sgu.edu. There is a post on this site that lists most of the residency positions attained by that class.

Residency looks pretty good for SGu graduates. Visit the link below for the 2002 Match list:

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/message?forumid=10067&messageid=1034445926

My interview was in Palos Verdes, CA. I think you can go to Grenada for your interview, but an SGU alumni in your state should be able to interview you if you'd like. From the PICTURES that I have seen, SGU looks beautiful.

If you are thinking about applying for the Jan. 2003 class, do so immediately. People are already have and are being accepted...
the Spring (Jan. 2003) semester is less competitive.

Hope this helps!

I hate to burst your bubble but that's a pretty crapy match list. No ENT, Derm, Optho. Plus the programs that I see aren't to impressive. Big names in Anesthesia and Medicine don't mean much cause their pretty easy to get.

Originally posted by volvulus
I hate to burst your bubble but that's a pretty crapy match list. No ENT, Derm, Optho. Plus the programs that I see aren't to impressive. Big names in Anesthesia and Medicine don't mean much cause their pretty easy to get.

Here is steph's (i.e. Stephen Ewen, moderator of this international forum) reponse on that same thread.....

"by steph (no login)
that is the list of matched spots for 2002. Some caveates:
not everyone responds so some places have been filled by sgu folks and aren't represented here.
More than one person may go to a program.
Finally they (stupidly) ask "where are you going next year" and many people just mention their internship which may not include their final speciality. For instance in the 1999 class Im listed as internal medicine in syracuse-where I did my first prelim internship year. Thus this list may in fact underestimate specialty programs folks go into."