St. George's in January

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlsrn

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am going to St. George's in January...is anyone else going at this time? Also, where are you from? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I am also going to SGU in Jan. I am from LI, NY. I am looking forward to meeting you and all the other students on the Island.

Have a safe trip, see you soon.

Where are you from on Long Island? I am a Nassau County person myself...but graduated from Stony Brook, and lived and worked in Eastern Suffolk.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also from Nassau County. I live in Hicksville. I went to college at URI, but I worked at Stony Brook University Hospital for a year. I am now employed at a North Shore Hospital in Syosset. Its great to hear from another person in my area. I am leaving for SGU on the 17th. By the way I'm a 25 yr male, my first name is Erol. Anyway, keep in touch and let me know if you have any good advice or if you just want to say something intersting. Cheers.

Hicksville? I grew up in Bethpage...went to USB and then did my Post Bac in Medicine at University of Miami...I am now a MS1 at WesternU/COMP in Los Angeles....

How funny...I graduated from Bethpage High School in 1990....

Hey jlsrn,
I am also starting in Jan! I am from Atlanta, Ga! see u there! :)

ssaras,

Can't wait to meet you! When are you flying down? I leave January 8th...All flights were booked between the 9th and the 16th..and the 17th is registration.

jlsrn, i am still working on my ticket! there are no direct flight to sgu from atlanta, all of them seem to go to either NY, Jamaica, PR, Maimi first and then to Grenada. so i am still trying to find a flight but i think it will be 15 or 16. do you know where you will be staying? i just sent in my deposits today, so i really have no clue about anything yet!!! but i am excited and freaked out!! :) see ya!

Hi,

My husband is starting in January, like he said before...but because we are married, and have a 3 year old, we have to live off campus. We have found an apartment already. They were really great down there helping us find a place to live. We are flying from Syracuse, to San Juan..to Grenada. We called all over, and couldn't find anything between the 9th and 16th..every flight was booked. Did you call American? They offer a discount to SGU students...you just have to call the school and get a code to give the airlines. Also, when talking to the airline, you can't go thru international travel when booking, you have to go thru meeting services to book with the discount code. It's something like $400 off the ticket. I would advise you to call quickly...we called all over...we were even willing to drive to Boston to leave...and everything was booked solid,aparently because there are only a few flights the fly into Grenada. That is why we are leaving the 8th. I guess it is ok, because it will give us a chance to get acclimated to the area..and relax for a week or 2 before classes set in. Good luck...and keep in touch! :)

jlrsn, thnx for the info! i will try american airlines today and i will let you know how it goes. i still have not gotten any info on the dorms yet, because i just turned everything in like yesterday!! :)

ssaras,

Sounds like you just got your acceptance...my hubby did too..only like 3 weeks ago..so has been crunch time..good luck... :eek:

hey jlsrn, i just got my tickets for 15th of jan! yehhh!! but i really didn't like the travel route or hours. i have two stop overs and total of 16hrs of travel time with only like 5hrs inside the flight! oh, well, i really don't have choice. see ya :)

That's awesome. Must've been we couldn't get tickets, because we needed 3 next to each other. So we'll see ya in a few weeks! :)

hey jlsrn, are you planning to buy the medical kit?

The Dr's I work with are buying the kit, and the medical stuff I need. So I am so glad, I save on that expense.

Hello.
I graduated sgu in 1999 and am now a resident in rad onc.

Dont buy a med kit (unless its been a gift to you!). Really all your need in your second year is a stethascope. Unless money is no object, dont let all the shiney new toys part your from your cash. (I did by the way). ITs a nice rite of passage but not practically necessary. Please free to ask any q's you might have about the place. Also check out <a href="http://travel.to/sgusom" target="_blank">http://travel.to/sgusom</a> and <a href="http://network54.com/hide/forum/10067" target="_blank">http://network54.com/hide/forum/10067</a> (linked to the first site which is mine).
All the best,
Steph