St George's, University of Lodon International Graduate Medicine Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anondukie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the MBBS4 program at St George's, University of London?

Clinical rotations (years 3 and 4) will be at Thomas Jefferson University or Marshall University in the United States.

Would this program be likely to culminate in a competitive American residency for an international student who completed his/her undergraduate education in the US? Would the applicant in question be better served by attending a DO program?

Some stigma appears to have been attached to this program in the past (judging by old SDN threads). However, different universities were affiliated with the program at that point in time. Jefferson and Marshall strike me as being solid US medical schools and St George's has a reasonable reputation in the UK so I'm hoping that the circumstances are different now. I'd love an outsider's perspective.

Members don't see this ad.

no idea about Marhsall, but TJU is already bursting at the seams when it comes to the size of its med class compared to the size of its main teaching hospital.

Does that imply that there is a diminished likelihood of being matched into a residency at TJU?

Thanks for the response!