St. Joe's Syracuse, any comments?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jersey

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been hearing more and more good things about this program. Can anyone who's interviewed or gone through the program comment?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been hearing more and more good things about this program. Can anyone who's interviewed or gone through the program comment?

Not exactly what you're looking for, but I did my MS3 clerkship there. While I did not have a "residency experience" there, I did get to talk with a number of the residents. They all seem to like the program alot. Even a resident that really wanted to do something else seemed to respect and like both faculty and his/her peers.

It is unopposed, and they are THE residents in all rotations in the hospital. I was told by a faculty member they are starting tracks that will give a grad more time in either OP, hospitalist, or OB/GYN depending on the resident's interest. There is a pretty strong sports med component too. Dr. Tucker, the residency director, works with the SU sports teams. During games, he and residents doing sports med rotations are on the sidelines.

I liked my experience there enough to want to do an AI there. I am still trying to decide what I want to do, but if it is FM, St. Joe's is #1 on my list.

Anything a simple med student like I can help you with regarding what I was told by current residents, please feel free to PM me.

racerx