St. Louis U Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

regisphilbin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey...
has anyone interviews at st louis university med school?

if you hvae... any adice you would give?

i just got the invite for the interview in the mail.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at SLU a few weeks ago. My advice would be to stay relaxed -- it was a very low stress interview. :) More like a conversation than an interview, really. Review your ECs and your personal statement, they'll want to talk about that stuff. Good luck!

Hey...I interviewed at SLU back in December, and it was one of my best. I think it helped that I seemed interested in the Jesuit aspect of their program (I went to BC as an undergrad, also Jesuit), and asked a few questions about Jesuit vs. secular medical schools. My interviewer was female, and very nice and sincerely interested in what led me to choose medicine. and, best of all, I heard back in 2 weeks.

Interviews: NYMC, UMASS, Tufts, BU, Georgetown, SLU, Albany, Drexel

Accepts: NYMC, SLU

On Hold (boooo): BU, Tufts, Georgetown (highly select), Albany

Haven't heard a thing: UMASS (also, ironically, my first choice)

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to SLU and consider it my number 1 choice right now. My file was complete in Sept. and I sent a preinterview letter of interest. I have heard nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? Or is waiting my only viable option, knowing that they will be done interviewing in the next month or two?

hey, yes agreed with everyone else it is realllly low stress and really nice since its only one interview. The open file interview is great too, o rit was in my opinin as you get to explain things you want to point out in ur app etc. The organization of the day left much much to be desired but really was totally fine, i got to talk to other applicants alot so that was probably more fun than too much structure. The lunch food was pretty good so that was a plus. I actualy like St. Louis and the school seemed pretty cool, so yes just really know ur app and its totally conversatoinal, i just chatted about like random things the whole time. Good luck!

I interviewed at slu in mid january and like it. i'm from the midwest, so kinda partial to it. the interview was very laid back and nice. I would also include something about jesuit education in your interview, how you want to go there. I did and I got accepted. so i dunno, maybe a coincidence, maybe not.

i interviewed in novemember. just heard bck from them today.

"the committe has voted and has assigned you a rank, thus selecting you as a member of the alternate list of students applying to enter in the fall of theyear 2003.

Hi Regis,

I interviewed at SLU. Like everyone else said, it's very low stress. Just relax and you'll be fine ! :cool:

It's a GREAT school...good luck getting in !!:)