St.Vincents in Mahattan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rohsik

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does any one know anything about their Internal Medicine categorical program.. Reputation, teaching, etc... especially opportunity for fellowships.

I have heard that they have great subsidized housing.. that's basically all that I have heard about the program.

Is it worth interviewing at? I am trying to eliminate some interviews.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i interviewed there last week. great location - right in the village, housing is great too. it's a community hospital, so if you're looking for an academic place, it might not be for you. pulm-ccu, hem-onc, and cardiology are there stronger departments. residents are very happy, great hours, very benign, good teaching. ppl match at fellowships but not at the most prestigious places - i think 50% go on towards fellowships.

if you're looking to be in nyc, i think its a really good hospital. But if you want a high powered fellowship at a prestigious medical center or a hospital with a big reputation you should probably spend your time interviewing at other places...