Jul 18, 2017
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
My counselor called me last night to let me know I passed the prequalification phase and that I will be notified of my interview date in the coming month! He said it should be either December 8 or 15. I wanted to know if anyone else got a call or got notified that they made the first cut?

Jan 26, 2018
Hi Guys! I also got a call for an interview. I keep going back and forth about taking it and could use some help. I live in Arkansas and they wouldn't allow a skype or phone interview. When I applied I thought I had a place to live for very cheap in California but now that is not the case. I'm hesitant now because the price of the program is very high as well as what I would have to pay to live in California. Normally I would just take the interview anyway, but that would put me in a financial bind having to buy a last minute ticket and would be giving up a free trip I had planned on taking to seattle.

Can I hear more about yalls interview experience? Did you get in?

About the Ads
Aug 28, 2017
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Received an acceptance this morning! The interview experience was like what was described (group interview, group activity, individual writing prompt). Thought that acceptances would come out at the end of March, but they might be doing them earlier.

Reactions: FunOT
Dec 22, 2017
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
Received an acceptance this morning! The interview experience was like what was described (group interview, group activity, individual writing prompt). Thought that acceptances would come out at the end of March, but they might be doing them earlier.
Congrats!! I have my interview on Friday! Was the interview still 30 minutes? They said to expect to be there for an hour. Is there one or two writing samples? I thought I heard them say two.. would you mind sharing with us your experience with the interview? This is my first in person grad interview so I’m a little nervous!

Jan 16, 2018
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
Congrats!! I have my interview on Friday! Was the interview still 30 minutes? They said to expect to be there for an hour. Is there one or two writing samples? I thought I heard them say two.. would you mind sharing with us your experience with the interview? This is my first in person grad interview so I’m a little nervous!
I also just received my acceptance this morning! Honestly, just show you are social, a team player, and likable. I got such random questions that didn’t even pertain to OT, so anyone can do this! Don’t worry too much! There’s also only one writing sample at the end.

Jan 16, 2018
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
Are you planning on accepting? I’m trying to figure out if I should accept or not and wanted to see your reasoning if you do plan to accept/deny! :)

Aug 28, 2017
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Agreed about being likeable- I feel like the group activities are supposed to show how you work well with others & to see if you can be supportive of one another. Also, can't divulge too much but during my interview they made us do something & my group and I decided to do something totally illogical (like looking back on it it didn't make any sense why to do it), and so I thought they would have marked us negatively for not having common sense- but I think it was more about creativity and being a team player. Also, though it's a "group interview", the questions are all individual to yourself, other people are just there.

Aug 28, 2017
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Are you planning on accepting? I’m trying to figure out if I should accept or not and wanted to see your reasoning if you do plan to accept/deny! :)
I don't think I will be accepting my spot- I live in SoCal and I also applied to USC and got in, and I preferred USC over Stanbridge (esp. cause they are both expensive!). I know a lot of people who want to go to Stanbridge because of the location and resources (like their labs). I also have an interest in research, but I don't think Stanbridge supports it. I also didn't like the price, small number of faculty members- but that's just specific to me.

Reactions: PreOT1994
Dec 22, 2017
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
I also just received my acceptance this morning! Honestly, just show you are social, a team player, and likable. I got such random questions that didn’t even pertain to OT, so anyone can do this! Don’t worry too much! There’s also only one writing sample at the end.
Aw congrats!! How long was the writing sample? Is it a prompt where you read a passage like the GRE?

Jan 16, 2018
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
Aw congrats!! How long was the writing sample? Is it a prompt where you read a passage like the GRE?
It’s more like talking about your achievements & leadership abilities while relating to how it would help you at Stanbridge. It’s been awhile so i’m not exactly on point of the topic. It’s handwritten and i wrote front and half of the back of the page.

Mar 5, 2018
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
For those of you accepted, how long did it take for you to hear a response after your interview?

Jan 16, 2018
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
For those of you accepted, how long did it take for you to hear a response after your interview?
Interviewed in January & received my acceptance last Wednesday. I will be declining my spot so I hope you hear from them soon :)

About the Ads
Mar 5, 2018
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
Interviewed in January & received my acceptance last Wednesday. I will be declining my spot so I hope you hear from them soon :)
Ok, thanks for the info!
Just wondering, has anyone talked to any current students or alumni? Is the tuition worth it? 100k seems a little daunting.

Apr 1, 2018
I received my acceptance last week Tuesday and I'm wondering if there's anyone on here who has insight on the program. What are some ways I can help myself pay for tuition? Does the school offer any work study opportunities or scholarships?

Sep 17, 2017
I received my acceptance last week Tuesday and I'm wondering if there's anyone on here who has insight on the program. What are some ways I can help myself pay for tuition? Does the school offer any work study opportunities or scholarships?
Hi there! How long ago did you interview, if you don't mind me asking? I remember that admissions sent out an e-mail saying that they would have decisions by the end of March and I didn't receive any news. I interviewed a couple of weeks ago. I checked OTCAS and it seems that they have extended their application deadline to mid-June.

As for tuition, if I remember correctly from the info session, I don't think they have many scholarships or work study to offer. The majority of your financial aid will be loans. Seeing that they have 2-3 days of classes/week, I'm sure that you can find part-time work for the first year. That's what I plan on doing if I get admitted to the school.

Apr 1, 2018
I interviewed on March 23rd and received my acceptance via phone call & email on March 27th. I still haven't received my official letter in the mail, but I'm not sure if they still do that. They did tell me they would be notifying us sometime in May so I was shocked to hear back so soon. I would recommend calling admissions and following up on your application!

Hi there! How long ago did you interview, if you don't mind me asking? I remember that admissions sent out an e-mail saying that they would have decisions by the end of March and I didn't receive any news. I interviewed a couple of weeks ago. I checked OTCAS and it seems that they have extended their application deadline to mid-June.

As for tuition, if I remember correctly from the info session, I don't think they have many scholarships or work study to offer. The majority of your financial aid will be loans. Seeing that they have 2-3 days of classes/week, I'm sure that you can find part-time work for the first year. That's what I plan on doing if I get admitted to the school.

Sep 17, 2017
I interviewed on March 23rd and received my acceptance via phone call & email on March 27th. I still haven't received my official letter in the mail, but I'm not sure if they still do that. They did tell me they would be notifying us sometime in May so I was shocked to hear back so soon. I would recommend calling admissions and following up on your application!
I actually interviewed on the same day as you! I am also surprised that you heard back very quickly. Congrats to you! I'm afraid that I might've been rejected at this point, but I still have a bit of hope. I did call my admissions representative this morning but I don't think she was in her office. Hopefully I will receive a call soon and be notified of my status asap.

EDIT: I received a call back and my rep said I was waitlisted! :oops:

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017
Status
DPT / OTD, Pre-Occupational Therapy
I actually interviewed on the same day as you! I am also surprised that you heard back very quickly. Congrats to you! I'm afraid that I might've been rejected at this point, but I still have a bit of hope. I did call my admissions representative this morning but I don't think she was in her office. Hopefully I will receive a call soon and be notified of my status asap.

Did she say if the class is full?

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

Apr 1, 2018

Congratulations! There's still hope! I spoke to financial aid and she made some comments that made me feel like some people give up their seats once they find out how much their payments are & how much they have to take out for loans. I also read that some people even give up their seats after orientation. Keep your fingers crossed!

Apr 22, 2018
Status
Occupational Therapy Student
Hi everyone! A facebook group was made for the Fall 2018 cohort! It will be a good way to get to know one another and hopefully try to find roommates for those who aren't from the area!

For some reason it won't let me post the link so just search up "Stanbridge University MSOT 008" on facebook!

I look forward to meeting you all! :)

Sep 17, 2017
Hi everyone! A facebook group was made for the Fall 2018 cohort! It will be a good way to get to know one another and hopefully try to find roommates for those who aren't from the area!

For some reason it won't let me post the link so just search up "Stanbridge University MSOT 008" on facebook!

I look forward to meeting you all! :)
Hey! Thanks for making the group page! I had trouble finding it because "University" was misspelled. I typed in "MSOT 008" to find the group and I requested to join.

Apr 22, 2018
Status
Occupational Therapy Student
Hey! Thanks for making the group page! I had trouble finding it because "University" was misspelled. I typed in "MSOT 008" to find the group and I requested to join.
Sorry about that! We fixed it! If you happen to know anyone else in the cohort, please let them know!

OT925

2+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2016
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
They are still accepting applications through June.

Anyone know if this program is full already?

I don’t want to submit an application if so

About the Ads