1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Standardized Testing Article in Science

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by tdd340, Mar 1, 2007.

1. tdd340

tdd340 Assistant to the sensei
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thought this article in the current of Science is of interest to us all as I know there has been a lot of debate about these things on this forum. This author seems to believe there is a definite correlation between standardized test scores and graduate/medical school performance. Here is a link to the article...http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/315/5815/1080

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 45408

45408 aw buddy
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Now, I am partly colorblind, but think the chart says that the MCAT correlates strongly with Step 1 performance and a little less so with first year grades.

Interesting. I wonder why that is. Normally people argue the reverse finding.

4. Disinence2

Disinence2 Emergency Medicine
    Physician 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Interesting, Poeple almost always argue that standardized testing favors the non-minority