Standing on your head while reading Robbins Path

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Ender, May 5, 2004.

1. Ender

Ender ASA Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I would love to hear from any of you that just have crazy and unique ways of studying. Anything totally out of the ordinary or even just a unique way of note taking. Do you tape record yourself asking questions then answering them? Do you have a special technique for making notecards. Any ideas would be great. Share with us your secret study techniques....

2. Jalby

Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    I would recommend studying anatomy at strip clubs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I did that the first year. Got an A in anatomy. Got an F in infectious disease. :laugh:

Just kidding, just kidding!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mike59

Mike59 Sweatshop FP in Ontario
    7+ Year Member

I'll be surprised if anyone can top this:

Systematically lay out every medical textbook you own around the perimeter of the largest room in your place.....Then, do a "bellringer", quickly moving from one book to the next every 30 seconds :smuggrin:

5. spumoni620

spumoni620 .:good girl down:.
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    actually, i have a somewhat strange study habit. i used to always fall asleep when i studied, so i started studying standing up (w/intermittent calf raises to make sure there's no blood pooling :D ) you need a high table though, or your neck starts to hurt. i might have to keep doing this in med skool too.

6. Kalel

Kalel Membership Revoked
    Removed

I've always been a firm believer in sleeping on my text books. I'm a strong believer in osmosis.

7. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Are you related to Donald Rumsfeld? He conducts his entire day standing up. (He has special tables and such for this.)

8. Ender

Ender ASA Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    That's all really funny guys, but dispite my title, I was actually serious. Does anyone have serious and unique study techniques? :D