Stanford Admissions Data

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

McEntrye

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was surfing around and came up with this interesting link. It gives numbers of people applied interviewed, accepted, and matriculated at Stanford, Harvard, Columbia and a bunch of other schools. I think it would be interesting for anyone applying to these schools.
<a href="http://www.med.stanford.edu/senate/01-02/01-11-14%20Att%20B1%20Admissions%20Report.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.med.stanford.edu/senate/01-02/01-11-14%20Att%20B1%20Admissions%20Report.pdf</a>

Members don't see this ad.

That is indeed a very cool link.

I thought Stanford would've attracted more of those top students, as compared to Harvard/UCSF... Huh.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder why Hopkins ends up pulling so many people off its waitlist: 58 people compared to about 20 at other top schools. I mean they issue regular acceptances for about 200 people to fill a class of 118. Why do you guys think that they lose a whopping 150+ regular acceptance applicants, and end up recruiting half their class off the waitlist? But this is assuming that every waitlisted candidate who gets an offer will matriculate :confused: . I suspect some off-balance sheet action is keeping that yield ($ offered that matriculated") at 45% when it should be more like 30% :wink:

In case you're wonderin why I'm so interested, I am waitlisted at Hopkins :D

Whoops, that should read "% offered that matriculated" not $ offered. Not that I'd mind if they sent me a little somethin' somethin' with their offer :p .

Anyone know when their (Hopkins) waitlist starts moving? [I realize this is a thread about Stanford, but I was just curious...]

Hey Incendiary,

This is an email I got from Hopkins, and from another conversation with Valerie she told me that most of their waitlist offers will be made in May:

---------
Hello:

All interviewed applicants are placed on the alternate list. In mid to
late April, you will receive a letter stating whether you are in the
upper portion or the lower portion of the alternate list. You will then
have the opportunity to decide if you would like to remain on the
alternate list or not.

I hope that this information is helpful to you.

Valerie Mazza
Assistant Director