Stanford bias

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PDsquash83

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have noticed that several of my friends at Stanford have had an unusually difficult time getting into medical schools. Any of you heard of a Stanford bias? Perhaps adcoms deciding there is too much grade inflation ?

Members don't see this ad.

Really? I have seen quite the opposite with my Stanford friends.

I have also noticed exactly the opposite.

look at mdapplicants.com and search for stanford students that recieve an acceptance from any medical school and you will find many gpas around the 3.0 mark (or below or above)...

Members don't see this ad :)
They are having a hard time, just like everyone else in the U.S. Less than half of all applicants get accepted the first time applying: some of those students have got to be from Stanford.

PDsquash83 said:
Hey guys,

I have noticed that several of my friends at Stanford have had an unusually difficult time getting into medical schools. Any of you heard of a Stanford bias? Perhaps adcoms deciding there is too much grade inflation ?

Yes. There is a bias but it's 'cause Stanford is in Kaleefoniah and everybody know you guys are weird! :D

j/k
Sandiego had a good point.