Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Stanford email??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Ai, Oct 24, 2001.

1. Ai

Ai Senior Member

I received an email from Stanford yesterday saying they have received the paper copy of the AMCAS application I sent, but that it was going to be destroyed because they are only accepting verified applications sent electronically from AMCAS. The thing is, I never sent them anything. My AMCAS app was verified about a week and a half ago. They said they received this paper copy yesterday. The only thing I can think of is that AMCAS processed my app and then sent it in paper form, not electronically. The lady I spoke with from Stanford said regardless of where the paper app came from it is not going to be accepted and that they are waiting for the electronic one. Does anybody know how AMCAS is sending processed apps (electronically/paper)? Did anyone else get this email from Stanford?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. The Fly

The Fly Senior Member

I received the email, but my app hasn't been verified. That email pissed me off too, because I was trying to do them a favor and their attitude was as though we were trying to inconvience them. There would have been many better word choices than 'destroyed.'

4. Ai

Ai Senior Member

You're right, it was kind of rude. If I had actually sent them my application I would probably just take it with a grain of salt. A lot of the admissions offices seem to be surprisingly rude.

The strange thing is that I never sent them my application (I only check it off on my AMCAS app). Assumning they had confused me with some other applicant I called but was told they had, in fact, received a paper copy of my AMCAS in the mail. It doesn't really make sense...?