1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Stanford Interview Rumor

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by unicorn06, Dec 10, 2005.

1. unicorn06

unicorn06 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I heard the following from a Stanford Ugrad and am wondering if it is true.

Stanford has started giving out interview invites but has not given any to students who are currently living in California (perhaps because they want to give out of staters more flexibility and time to schedule their interviews).

If anyone knows if this is true, it would be great if you could reply!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DeadorAlive

DeadorAlive Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Stanford has begun interviewing, that's true. Of the small sample size in my interview day, none were residing in California currently. Also, some of the current students said that Stanford interviews Stanford ugrads later in the process, so it might be true that they do something similar with others in the state. They're very friendly though, so you could call and ask....

4. laxgirl9

laxgirl9 Member
    7+ Year Member

It's not true. I got an interview invite and I am in-state (not a stanford student though). However, they did ask me to not pick an interview date before January. I assume that might be to give out-of-staters first pick of interview dates.

5. wowzer

wowzer daaaaaamn homie
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    ummm mdapplicants.com...

6. kamui29

kamui29 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

I interviewed on one of the first days this past week, am in-state, but go to school on the East Coast. Why does this matter out of curiosity?

7. Rebs

Rebs Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Again to reiterate that the rumor is not true. I am a CA resident from a CA school and interviewed at Stanford this past week. Stanford is an awesome place, and probably has been my favorite interview thus far. They said they will be interviewing for awhile, like April I think...so hold on yours is coming.

8. DrZee

DrZee Happy as Hell
    5+ Year Member

Here I was thinking that stanford was done and finished with their interviews already :oops: I had kinda lost hope of ever hearing from them again. How did you find out of the invitations? does the website serve any function after the supplemental is complete?
    Im also on hold for an interview at UCIrvine...I hope I get some good news from a cali school soon... :)

9. doublepeak

doublepeak Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I was also wondering if the application status website would change when an interview is awarded. It says that no information will be available on it, but also that it will serve as an interviewing scheduler. Does it allow you to schedule an interview when you log in? I am going home to California for Christmas break so I won't have access to my mail (and my parents are in the process of moving and looking for a place so I don't really have another address to use). Anything by email?

I was complete with them in August and have not heard anything yet (at least they have not rejected me!). By their website it seems they have only been interviewing for a month, but it still sucks to be waiting.

10. argonana

argonana SDN Donor
    10+ Year Member

I got an invite by letter in early November. In early December, I also received an email invitation. One would think the order should be switched, but... :confused:

I'll bet that around the holiday season, they'll be sending invites out primarily by email...so many people will be away from their preferred addresses...

Once you're invited, the status page changes so that you can schedule your interview. So yeah, I guess if you check your status page regularly, you can find out you've been invited before getting something in the mail.

11. DrZee

DrZee Happy as Hell
    5+ Year Member

Thanks!!
    When were you complete with stanford? I was complete on 10/7

12. argonana

argonana SDN Donor
    10+ Year Member

8/29! I think you have some more waiting to do...but hopefully you'll hear soon! :thumbup: