Stanford Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drowsy12

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So alot of schools have a pattern of when they give invites, for example, BCM gives invites every two weeks on a certain day. Does anyone know if how regularly Stanford gives out invites? It would help if people who got invites could post when they were complete and when they got their invite and when their interview is/was. We could make this the official stanford invite thread.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't noticed much of a pattern from Stanford, mostly because not too many invites have been posted on SDN, but I was completed on 10/24 and invited by email on 11/09.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would love to stay at Stanford! I've been complete for nearly 3 months...

Yeah, some people got an invite in like a week, even when they submitted in november. stanford has an odd system of not really going in order of completion. thats good for me though, because i wasnt complete until 11/13.

I've heard they somehow order invitations in relationship to location? Like, California residents earlier or later in the process?
I was complete 9/25 and just recieved an invitation last week.

I've heard they somehow order invitations in relationship to location? Like, California residents earlier or later in the process?
I was complete 9/25 and just recieved an invitation last week.

I believe location matters in when you interview, but not in terms of blocks of time. In my invitation letter (I don't know if you've gotten the snail mail yet), it specifically requests Western US region students to pick certain days of the week to interview.

I still can't believe this now... but I was complete 11/2 and was invited via email 11/9.

Congrats! You must be a very strong candidate since Stanford doesn't waste its time on average applicants.

Congrats! You must be a very strong candidate since Stanford doesn't waste its time on average applicants.

Thanks!

I guess I do have a high GPA (3.99) but my MCAT is certainly not stellar (34). So I'm sure Stanford does not base their decision solely on these two numbers.

Good luck to y'all :luck:

You don't look anything like an average candidate to me :)

Good luck, I'm sure you will get tons of interviews in the near future!!

Aww, thanks! I just worry that my stats might even each other out and then be weighed down by my super late application. :oops:

You know, I am awesome at generating these stressful situations for myself!:laugh::thumbup:

Oh, yeah, and congrats on your interview! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I just got an email from the biology department saying that their office will be closed for University-wide shutdown from December 22 until January 2. If this also applies to the medical school... 11 days without the possibility of news :(

Aww, thanks! I just worry that my stats might even each other out and then be weighed down by my super late application. :oops:

You know, I am awesome at generating these stressful situations for myself!:laugh::thumbup:

Oh, yeah, and congrats on your interview! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

You know what they say... we all have neurotic premeditis now and then, and guess what, our cure is on the way :)