Stanford News

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kch207

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there others out there who still haven't heard ANYTHING from Stanford? Should I just assume that I'm rejected at this point or are they still interviewing? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

kch207 said:
Are there others out there who still haven't heard ANYTHING from Stanford? Should I just assume that I'm rejected at this point or are they still interviewing? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

During my talk with their admissions counciler last week they said they were half way done interviewing. Keep the hope alive.

kch207 said:

I have heard nothing either.

Complete over seven months, too! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
iamoptimusprime said:
During my talk with their admissions counciler last week they said they were half way done interviewing. Keep the hope alive.

HALF WAY!? Are they that behind?

Tra La La said:
HALF WAY!? Are they that behind?

I interviewed last week, and Ms. Sooter emphasized the fact that they're definitely still interviewing and that those who have interviews into April should not worry about interviewing for waitlist spots etc. Hope this helps...and best of luck to you all!

I know someone who interviewed today. As for their contacting you, my rejection letter was mailed out in January, after not having received an interview so if you haven't heard, that must be a good sign.

old macdonald said:
I interviewed last week, and Ms. Sooter emphasized the fact that they're definitely still interviewing and that those who have interviews into April should not worry about interviewing for waitlist spots etc. Hope this helps...and best of luck to you all!

Thanks for the info! :thumbup:

I will be interviewing on the 4th, and I had options to pick any date through April 18 when I scheduled my interview.

GuyLaroche said:
I will be interviewing on the 4th, and I had options to pick any date through April 18 when I scheduled my interview.

Of course, they are a rolling admissions school (from what I recall), so the earlier the better!

I sincerely hope you have better weather than I experienced when I was in Palo Alto last week. It was eerily reminiscent of Baltimore!

Good luck!

for those of you who received stanford interview invites, how much advance notice were you given prior to your scheduled date?

i'm assuming they usually give you about a month's notice... which means if i haven't heard anything by now it's probably hopeless? i'm just about ready to relinquish all remaining hope on my alma mater. :(

doozenberg said:
for those of you who received stanford interview invites, how much advance notice were you given prior to your scheduled date?

i'm assuming they usually give you about a month's notice... which means if i haven't heard anything by now it's probably hopeless? i'm just about ready to relinquish all remaining hope on my alma mater. :(

I just got my invite today (I was complete in mid-August). :laugh:

Most of the second week of April was available. So keep hope!!! :luck:

Tra La La said:

holy crap, congratulations!! from your posts it seems like you've been wanting this interview pretty badly... did you do anything of late that you think might have triggered the invite? man, the things i would do...

Tra La La said:

Hey Tra La La,

Congrats on the invite!!!! I know you must have been waiting for that magic email for months.

Sam

SamDC said:
Hey Tra La La,

Congrats on the invite!!!! I know you must have been waiting for that magic email for months.

Sam

Thanks, Sam! :luck: :luck: :luck:

doozenberg said:
holy crap, congratulations!! from your posts it seems like you've been wanting this interview pretty badly... did you do anything of late that you think might have triggered the invite? man, the things i would do...

I called Juhn Verano and talked with him for a little bit last week, and I expressed my continuing interest in Stanford. Maybe this helped?

Anyhow, :luck: :luck: :luck: I'm crossing my fingers for you and any other people still waiting!

Tra La La-
I'm a member of the 6mo.+ wait club. I know Stanford is private, but do you think being a Cali resident is a plus? What do you think it takes to get an interview there?

Tra La La said:

you're such a number ***** tra...

just joking!

anyway, just tell em you wanna go there and not ucsf (if thats true) and you're in; they love stealing ucsf kids and ucsf loves stealing stanford kids

Haybrant said:
you're such a number ***** tra...

just joking!

anyway, just tell em you wanna go there and not ucsf (if thats true) and you're in; they love stealing ucsf kids and ucsf loves stealing stanford kids

I am pretty excited about this interview, but I don't think I would definitely go to Stanford over UCSF. If I am fortunate to be accepted (yeah, right), I think it would be a near toss up between the two schools. Both are obviously cool places, but I'll go to interview day and get another feel for Stanford.

fizzlebottom said:
Tra La La-
I'm a member of the 6mo.+ wait club. I know Stanford is private, but do you think being a Cali resident is a plus? What do you think it takes to get an interview there?

I cannot say for sure, to be honest. I do not know whether or not Stanford is big on Cali kids. Stanford is big on leaders who have demonstrated serious innovation, accomplishments, etc.. in their application.