Stanford post interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by vyc, Mar 11, 2002.

1. vyc

vyc Senior Member

i asked this on another thread but it got lost and nobody answered...

does anyone know if the committee always reviews on _thursdays_?
    and if the acceptance calls ONLY come on thursdays?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CalBear

CalBear Senior Member

committee meetings are on thursdays and they really try to call the applicants that night. however, i think someone posted on another thread that his girlfriend got the call on friday afternoon. i guess it really depends on the person who is suppossed to call you. you can call your admissions officer (either Juhn or Patricia) on friday and ask them if your file was reviewed the previous night. if it was, they will tell you the decision over the phone.

when did you interview? i interviewed more than a month ago and my file still hasn't gone to committee review yet.

4. vyc

vyc Senior Member

god this is so nerve wrecking. i would give my left arm to get into stanford but i don't think my student interview went very well... and yet i still hope...!!!

anyway, i interviewed on the 26th of Feb.
    when i talked to the admission dean at the end of the day for my "debriefing" or whatever it was called, he said i should find out in like 3 weeks or something...?

do you remember who interviewed you?

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by CalBear:
    <strong>committee meetings are on thursdays and they really try to call the applicants that night. however, i think someone posted on another thread that his girlfriend got the call on friday afternoon. i guess it really depends on the person who is suppossed to call you. you can call your admissions officer (either Juhn or Patricia) on friday and ask them if your file was reviewed the previous night. if it was, they will tell you the decision over the phone.

when did you interview? i interviewed more than a month ago and my file still hasn't gone to committee review yet.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

5. CalBear

CalBear Senior Member

wow, you interviewed several weeks after i did. i think that you might have to wait a few more weeks. i'm surprised that the dean told you 3 weeks. everyone i talked to said 4-6 weeks.

i'm sorry to hear that your student interview didn't go well. who was your interviewer? mine was a second year whose first name started with an M (I don't think that I should post the actual name). I actually thought my student interview went better than my faculty. it lasted a hour and a half! supposedly both interviews hold equal weight, so there's still hope! let us know if you hear anything and good luck!

6. vyc

vyc Senior Member

Ohhh my god! did you interview with Margaret Yu? a second year??? i had her. my faculty interview was with Dr. Yenari.

7. CalBear

CalBear Senior Member

yup, you guessed it. during my interview she was really nice and outgoing. she asked me a lot of questions and took a lot of notes. after that we spent the rest of the time talking about theschool. why did you think that your interview was bad?

8. vyc

vyc Senior Member

i posted this in the whole interview **** up thread.

but i mentioned that i had a serious interest in public health and said i might consider getting an MPH degree from berkeley since that's what stanford students do bc stanford doesn't have a school of public health. well it just so happens that she has a lot of friends who are also interested in public health and apparently, they're frustrated at the lack of opportunities available at stanford for them.

she was basically saying that stanford might not be the best place for me.

BUT I SWEAR THAT IT IS!!!!! i tried to do damage control but i don't think she was convinced.
    so yea. that kinda sucked!

9. CalBear

CalBear Senior Member

vyc,

sometimes we judge our interviews a lot harsher than the interviewer does. i had one interview at a school where i left convinced that the interviewer hated me. A couple of weeks later i got accepted to that same school. and guess what? my interviewer personally wrote me a note welcoming me into the class (i felt so guilty b/c i didn't even bother writing a thank you card after the interview). This just goes to show how a supposedly "bad" interview may not always be one. there's still hope!

10. vyc

vyc Senior Member

:) thanks for the encouragement!

i had an interview at UCSD where the faculty interviewer basically told me i wasn't compassionate. !!! nobody really knows me on here but if you did, you'd know how shocking that statement woudl be. anyway, i got waitlisted. lol
    hope that doesn't happen with stanford!

good luck to you too! hope you hear soon!!