stanford post-secondary/pre interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nygirl6464

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has gotten rejected from them post secondary yet??? i have had my application complete (2ndary that is) since 9/13 and it has been like 11 weeks and still no word. on the status check it says you should here something by 6-8 weeks. i guess they are all pretty much like that though. but i was wondering if anyone had a rejection post secondary yet and how soon after the 2ndary that you got it. i guess they are strange too.

Members don't see this ad.

consider yourself lucky u haven't heard anything... i was rejected post-secondary less than a month after i submitted it

Sounds like Stanford is as weird as the UC's. Hang in there!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for letting me know dr.dodger dog...i was just wondering if they were like the other uc's where they just sat on them forever. i guess they are just weird too...like bruingold said.

Hey nygirl,

My app has also been complete post-secondary for what seems like forever now (since 9/7) too, and I haven't heard anything. I'm really starting to get annoyed too; whenever I call, I get a big runaround from one of the "admissions counselors" about how my file has already been reviewed but is still awaiting a final decision from the associate dean, who, according to the counselors, "likes to make all the final decisions for interviews, etc. himself."

The kicker is that he has also been out of town frequently during the last month, and "has a lot of catching up to do with files." I like the fact that Stanford takes its time to review applicants thoroughly, that they don't "tease" people who they aren't truly interested in. But honestly, nearly 3 months to review a secondary and letters of recommendation is just ridiculous. And if someone is going to insist on making all final decisions himself, then he really shouldn't be out of town so frequently.

I'm sure Stanford is a great school, but a certain level of respect for applicants would be nice.

Originally posted by Dr. Dodger Dog
consider yourself lucky u haven't heard anything... i was rejected post-secondary less than a month after i submitted it

Consider yourself lucky!! I was rejected post interview. Shamthis was right! I much rather get booted earlier in the process before I am able to get my hopes up.

My file has been complete since 9/27, and i still havent heard anything either, the closest thing is that on my AMCAS startpage, it says that it was last transmitted to Stanford on 11/7, if that means anything. GOOD LUCK. Sorry to hear the cabruen, but you are already money since you have been accepted to TWO schools, congrats!

me too...app complete 9/5, and nothing since then. other people whose apps were complete around the same time have gotten post-secondary rejections

looks like a lot of us are in the same boat with stanford and being complete there for 3 months or so. i had the same exact thing that happened to bujji 13 when i called....about the assoc. dean and being out of town. that was kind of lame. it kind of is the run around. oh well. i guess in a way hearing nothing is better than hearing bad news.

yep, same boat, but with the app complete for over 3 months. (aug 23rd!) i've contacted them twice; one time i got a cryptic one-sentence "you will hear from us soon" email in reply. the other time, i got the "dean is busy, out of town, reviewing each app, making each decision... blah blah" run around. i figured it's time for me to stop bothering them. :D i'm with the people who view this as 'no news is good news' and see it as better than a rejection. but i agree, i'd rather just have that rejection than be strung along until the end of march when i've been complete there since mid/late-august. :rolleyes: