SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Dr. Don, Jan 28, 2002.

1. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Los Angeles
    This one hurts the most so far....I really liked their program....I knew my stats weren't up to their standards, but I was hoping that they would see something else in my app besides numbers. For those of you who got an interview....REPRESENT BABY!!! show them what's up....for those of you who also got a rejection, I feel your pain....probably more than others as that was my 2nd favorite school. The rejection was post secondary by the way. Well, I guess it's back to the MCAT studying....does anyone know of a really, really, really good POST-BAC program in southern california? I've heard of UCI's, but can you give me some input on that....If it doesn't go well this year, I plan on doing the post-bac thing and retake the MCAT, in that way I can do a whole 180 change on my app....I gotta do something new if what I have done is not working !!!!!!
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. lady in red

lady in red Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 12, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Hey Dr. Don
    I feel your pain. I just got two rejections today (Einstein and Vandy). And that weird envelope from UCSF for people who don't get in to participate in their post-bac program. I have not been rejected by Stanford (yet). But I am just waiting on that one any time. As far as post-bac, most of the more famous ones are on the east coast. The east coast schools also have a guaranteed entry (Columbia, Finch, I think MCPHU). I don't know of any in CA that have something like it. If I don't get in, I think I'll do the guaranteed entry one, just to be on the safe side. Right now, the number of my interviews equals to the cubic root of my rejections. Hang in there...I'll kick Stanford for you (I work there). For some reason, working there has completely turned me off from going to school there. Let me know how it goes.
  4. brandonite

brandonite Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Manitoba, Canada
    Sorry to hear about that Dr. Don - at least you have some closure! I'm still in Stanford-purgatory, and Yale-purgatory, and the list goes on... :D

Best of luck next year! I don't know anything about post-bac programs, so I can't help you with that.
  5. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats 10+ Year Member

Jul 9, 2001
    Well Don,

If your stats are up to par on Stanford, then you should not have a problem getting into any other schools. So DO NOT avoid going to schools if you get in!
    That would be plain silly man!!!!!!!
  6. Mr.D

Mr.D insipidus maximus 7+ Year Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Dr. Don,

I have a question - when was your application
    complete? My file was completed in mid-December
    and I am just curious if they'll be getting to
    mine anytime soon. I feel your pain, but keep
    your head up! I am sure you'll be hearing positive news soon.
  7. gobears

gobears Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 17, 2001
    Sorry to hear about the Stanford rejection. I've been complete there since November and I haven't heard anything from them. Anyone know how Stanford contacts you for an interview and for a rejection? Snail mail? E-mail?
  8. El Jefe

El Jefe The Jefe 7+ Year Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Well if you haven't heard from them yet it's probably a good thing. I got rejected by snail mail about 2 months ago. They had the honor of being the first school to promptly give me the axe.
  9. quaileggs

quaileggs Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 4, 2001
    Columbus, OH
    Dr. Don- sorry to hear about your Stanford rejection. Could you please share with me what the length of time was between your file complete date and the rejection notice? I'm also still in Stanford purgatory and they're my obsession school. (see obsession thread)
  10. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Los Angeles
    application complete 11/7, sent rejection letter through snail mail 1/28 :( I don't want to talk about just makes me :( :confused: and other emotions that I can't explain. Best of luck to all my peeps over here. Lady in Red, what department do you work in? my friend also works at Stanford....that's how I found out about their program...
  11. sundevil1

sundevil1 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 23, 2001
    hey Dr. Don,
    keep your head up. I know it's definitely a disappointment, but sadly we'll all have plenty of those for the rest of our lives. Hope for a few interviews this year and really show them what you got. If you have to reapply then do whatever is necessary to improve your app. cause as you have seen on this board, determination pays off so definitely keep on trying. Best of luck to you.