1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

stanford response time post-interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by katem, Dec 6, 2002.

1. katem

katem Member
    7+ Year Member

hi all,

for those who have interviewed at stanford, how long did it take them to get back to you? i know they review apps on thursdays, and call those who get in, so i wonder if the lack of a phone call last night is a bad sign, or whether they'll be deciding on me next week.

thanks!

katem

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Gaberman

Gaberman Member
    7+ Year Member

definitely in the same boat. was hoping for a call last night. interviewed on 11/5. haven't heard anything yet. i think that i remember someone posting a couple weeks ago saying that he got a post interview rejection. he had interviewed the day before me. uh-oh.

but then again, they do say 4-6 weeks. and i'm just past the 4th week. anyone else have any updates?

4. appomattox

appomattox Member
    7+ Year Member

Just wondering if either of you (or any of our SDN brethren) heard last night, or any other time recently. The waiting is killing me . . . .

Surely there's been some movement. Although I suppose with the big S it's like the old ACT-UP slogan, silence = death.

5. Gaberman

Gaberman Member
    7+ Year Member

just wanted to let ya'll know. i got the call last night. unfreakinbelievable. anyways, it's a crazy feeling.

i was at dinner (~6:50pm PST) and got the call from the dean. i interviewed on 11/5/02. Good luck (appomattox&katem+all)!

6. katem

katem Member
    7+ Year Member

CONGRATS GABERMAN!!!!

when did you interview, appomatox?

i was there on 11/8, so based on gaberman's timing i'm expecting my waitlist / rejection any day.

i think i'd go to wash u over stanford (much closer to home and cheaper, too), and i was shocked to even be interviewed, so i can't be too upset/disappointed if there's no accept.

best of luck to the rest of you!!

katem

7. appomattox

appomattox Member
    7+ Year Member

katem: I interviewed the week after you, and was similarly psyched/surprised by the interview invite. I really dug Stanford, and am dying for some relief from the anxiety of this whole process--all my other schools won't let me know for months. Gah!

I'm clinging to this vain hope that my file didn't come before the committee last night. However, since they only meet every other week (or so I'm told), and the next meeting date (and the week after) would be precluded by a holiday, maybe they pushed through a bunch of applicants last night. Or, alternatively, they put them (us) off until after the holidays . . . .

I guess we'll know in a few days.

Do keep me posted--clearly I'm in dire need of more info for my nervous breakdown.

8. cabruen

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Congratsulation Gaberman!! :clap: :) :clap:

That someone was probably me. I received a post-interview rejection from Stanford about 3 weeks after my interview. I was obviously very disappointed and would have loved to be a classmate of yours, but alas the adcom deemed it not to be. You should be proud of your acceptance, and spend a week partying.

Best of luck. Again, Congrats. :clap: