Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

stanford secondary

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jase133, Nov 20, 2001.

1. jase133

jase133 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

anyone still waiting for their stanford secondary? should i be calling them? i was verified over a month ago and no word

2. sundevil1

sundevil1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

have you tried logging into their app. status check database. If it does not recognize you then they don't have your application yet and all you can do is wait. If it does recognize you, you could call and ask but I don't know how much they can help you. I think Stanford is pretty far behind this year since they are only taking verified apps.

3. Rumit

Rumit Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you do decide to call or email expect a rude response. I'd says it's a toss up as to whether or not they actually answer your question, but either way it'll be rude.

Good luck,

Adam

4. Jessica

Jessica Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was verified 11/14 and got their secondary by e-mail yesterday. If you have not heard from them, I would try giving them a polite call. Don't take it to heart if they are rude to you, I am sure their office staff (like so many others) is having a not-so-great application cycle this year (I know, still no excuse to be short with people, but it happens.) Maybe they had a problem downloading your app from AMCAS, or who knows what? Call them! I called UCI twice because I had not gotten their secondary, the first person I talked to was really rude and basically told me to wait, but the second person was really helpful, and a few days after talking to her I got their secondary (concidence?) anyway, I will stop babbling now, good luck!

5. Keith

Keith Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I was verified 11-4 and got their secondary about nine days letter. It wouldn't hurt to call them, but don't assume no news is bad news, this is a very atypical year.

6. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

I actually talked to some really nice people when I called stanford...but I already got rejected from there...but still...the person was really nice... :)

7. jase133

jase133 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

alritey.. i still haven't heard anything from stanford (in terms of 2ndary)... should i be expecting a rejection some time soon? anyone else in the same boat?

8. brandonite

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

I am. I have heard absolutely nothing from them... I keep on forgetting to call them, but I'm somewhat swamped with secondaries right now, so I'm not in any great rush.

Maybe they don't like Canadians... ;) Anyway, my MCATs were really good, I have a good GPA (both well above Stanford's average), so I'm assuming that I'm going to get a secondary. Hopefully there's security in numbers...

9. Legend

Legend Super Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician

10. brandonite

Well, Stanford is one of my top choices, so I'm waiting anxiously. I take it you've been accepted elsewhere, Legi?

Amazing the number of Canadians on this board...

11. AJM

AJM SDN Moderator

Fellow [Any Field]
    I wrote the following on another thread a few days ago:

12. brandonite

The lady I've been talking to over email has been really nice. I just haven't gotten back to her on the phone. When you're either in class or in lab, it's hard to get away to make a phone call. Especially since I don't have access to a phone at campus.

Anyway... I'm going to try and get home early and talk to her. I just hope they haven't lost my application. I just heard from UCSF today, so I'm just waiting on a secondary from Stanford.

13. jase133

jase133 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I did e-mail them several days ago. Apparently, my application is being "considered" for a secondary. It's been about a month since my app has been electornically verified, etc.

This is rather strange since their current published deadline for the secondary is Dec 15 - that really doesn't leave much room for those of us who haven't received the secondary to complete it if we ever get it.

14. nashtrash

nashtrash Member
    7+ Year Member

hey kids--i'm waiting for a stanford secondary too. here's info off their website. enjoy!

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR 2002 APPLICANTS
    2002 applicants - check your application status on the link below

Before checking your status, please read the following notice.
    1. Due to delays associated with the electronic transmission of applications to Stanford by AMCAS, the deadline for all supplementary application and supporting materials (i.e. letters of recommendation) will be extended beyond the Dec. 15 deadline. The deadline will be set in late January.

2. Completion of the AMCAS verification process does not guarantee an automatic electronic transmission of your application to Stanford. The data transmission of your application is a separate process. Due to technical problems with new AMCAS program, it is reasonable to expect significant delays before that information is successfully transmitted by AMCAS and received by the Stanford School of Medicine.

3. The AMCAS application deadline for Stanford is November 1st. As long as you have submitted all of your materials to AMCAS by that date, your application will be considered by Stanford despite the fact that Stanford may not actually receive an electronic transmission from AMCAS (for your application) until a later date.

4. The status website that is available to applicants ONLY represents those applications that have been verified, electronically transmitted, and received from AMCAS.

5. If your information is not in our database, we have not yet received your application from AMCAS (electronically transmitted).

6. We are NOT accepting AMCAS paper applications directly from the student.

7. A notification from AMCAS regarding the status of your application's transmittal to the Stanford School of Medicine does NOT necessarily indicate that we have actually received a verified, electronic transmission of your AMCAS application. AMCAS has experienced problems with it's data transmissions.

8. The Stanford School of Medicine will not send out Secondary Applications without receiving a complete AMCAS application first.

15. Triangulation

Triangulation 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Thanks Nashtrash. That was informative. I just finished verification last week, so I guess I'm not holding my breath for a secondary anytime soon. This whole postponing deadlines thing is gonna make Christmas break a lot less break-like. :eek:

16. Legend

Legend Super Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician