stanford secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jase133

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone still waiting for their stanford secondary? should i be calling them? i was verified over a month ago and no word

Members don't see this ad.

have you tried logging into their app. status check database. If it does not recognize you then they don't have your application yet and all you can do is wait. If it does recognize you, you could call and ask but I don't know how much they can help you. I think Stanford is pretty far behind this year since they are only taking verified apps.

If you do decide to call or email expect a rude response. I'd says it's a toss up as to whether or not they actually answer your question, but either way it'll be rude.

Good luck,

Adam

Members don't see this ad :)
I was verified 11/14 and got their secondary by e-mail yesterday. If you have not heard from them, I would try giving them a polite call. Don't take it to heart if they are rude to you, I am sure their office staff (like so many others) is having a not-so-great application cycle this year (I know, still no excuse to be short with people, but it happens.) Maybe they had a problem downloading your app from AMCAS, or who knows what? Call them! I called UCI twice because I had not gotten their secondary, the first person I talked to was really rude and basically told me to wait, but the second person was really helpful, and a few days after talking to her I got their secondary (concidence?) anyway, I will stop babbling now, good luck!

I was verified 11-4 and got their secondary about nine days letter. It wouldn't hurt to call them, but don't assume no news is bad news, this is a very atypical year.

I actually talked to some really nice people when I called stanford...but I already got rejected from there...but still...the person was really nice... :)

alritey.. i still haven't heard anything from stanford (in terms of 2ndary)... should i be expecting a rejection some time soon? anyone else in the same boat?

I am. I have heard absolutely nothing from them... I keep on forgetting to call them, but I'm somewhat swamped with secondaries right now, so I'm not in any great rush.

Maybe they don't like Canadians... ;) Anyway, my MCATs were really good, I have a good GPA (both well above Stanford's average), so I'm assuming that I'm going to get a secondary. Hopefully there's security in numbers...

Originally posted by brandonite:
•I am. I have heard absolutely nothing from them... I keep on forgetting to call them, but I'm somewhat swamped with secondaries right now, so I'm not in any great rush.

Maybe they don't like Canadians... ;) Anyway, my MCATs were really good, I have a good GPA (both well above Stanford's average), so I'm assuming that I'm going to get a secondary. Hopefully there's security in numbers...•••

I am also a Canadian. My AMCAS was verified two months ago, but I still haven't gotten the secondary yet.
However, I don't care since I am not going to complete the secondary anyways.

Well, Stanford is one of my top choices, so I'm waiting anxiously. I take it you've been accepted elsewhere, Legi?

Amazing the number of Canadians on this board...

I wrote the following on another thread a few days ago:

The delays have nothing to do with the quality of your applications. Stanford admissions office is only using electronically transmitted apps, and not the paper ones at all. They've been having a huge problem getting apps correctly transmitted to them from AMCAS (surprise, surprise). The Dean of Admissions told me that usually by mid-October they've evaluated around 3/4 of the year's total apps, and this year they only evaluated about a fifth of that by then, because so few have come in. There is no rhyme or reason as to who has heard and who hasn't -- it's pretty much the luck of the draw whose apps AMCAS chooses to send first.
Once Stanford admissions office receives your AMCAS, they normally notify you pretty quickly afterwards whether or not you can fill out the secondary. If you did get your app verified a while ago, I would suggest calling them up and checking with them.

I'm not sure if this was good or bad news, but I hope it helps!
••

Bottom line, give them a call. A delay does not necessarily mean a rejection.

About the rude staff you guys have been talking to -- I think it's this one person who works at the front desk -- she's sometimes rude to me too, and that's even in person! The rest of the staff is really nice, but you know what they say -- it just takes one rotten egg... ;)

Good luck!

The lady I've been talking to over email has been really nice. I just haven't gotten back to her on the phone. When you're either in class or in lab, it's hard to get away to make a phone call. Especially since I don't have access to a phone at campus.

Anyway... I'm going to try and get home early and talk to her. I just hope they haven't lost my application. I just heard from UCSF today, so I'm just waiting on a secondary from Stanford.

I did e-mail them several days ago. Apparently, my application is being "considered" for a secondary. It's been about a month since my app has been electornically verified, etc.

This is rather strange since their current published deadline for the secondary is Dec 15 - that really doesn't leave much room for those of us who haven't received the secondary to complete it if we ever get it.

hey kids--i'm waiting for a stanford secondary too. here's info off their website. enjoy!

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR 2002 APPLICANTS
2002 applicants - check your application status on the link below

Before checking your status, please read the following notice.
1. Due to delays associated with the electronic transmission of applications to Stanford by AMCAS, the deadline for all supplementary application and supporting materials (i.e. letters of recommendation) will be extended beyond the Dec. 15 deadline. The deadline will be set in late January.

2. Completion of the AMCAS verification process does not guarantee an automatic electronic transmission of your application to Stanford. The data transmission of your application is a separate process. Due to technical problems with new AMCAS program, it is reasonable to expect significant delays before that information is successfully transmitted by AMCAS and received by the Stanford School of Medicine.

3. The AMCAS application deadline for Stanford is November 1st. As long as you have submitted all of your materials to AMCAS by that date, your application will be considered by Stanford despite the fact that Stanford may not actually receive an electronic transmission from AMCAS (for your application) until a later date.

4. The status website that is available to applicants ONLY represents those applications that have been verified, electronically transmitted, and received from AMCAS.

5. If your information is not in our database, we have not yet received your application from AMCAS (electronically transmitted).

6. We are NOT accepting AMCAS paper applications directly from the student.

7. A notification from AMCAS regarding the status of your application's transmittal to the Stanford School of Medicine does NOT necessarily indicate that we have actually received a verified, electronic transmission of your AMCAS application. AMCAS has experienced problems with it's data transmissions.

8. The Stanford School of Medicine will not send out Secondary Applications without receiving a complete AMCAS application first.

Thanks Nashtrash. That was informative. I just finished verification last week, so I guess I'm not holding my breath for a secondary anytime soon. This whole postponing deadlines thing is gonna make Christmas break a lot less break-like. :eek:

Originally posted by brandonite:
•Well, Stanford is one of my top choices, so I'm waiting anxiously. I take it you've been accepted elsewhere, Legi?

Amazing the number of Canadians on this board...•••

no way....
After screwing up August MCAT, I decided to discard most of the secondaries.
I just have one interview at Vanderbilt so far.