Stanford Status Check Updated!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by brandonite, Dec 19, 2001.

1. brandonite

Moderator Emeritus

Too bad they don't have me registered... Even though my app was submitted over a week ago.

Oh well. :D I've learned to be patient... :D

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member

A week is a nanosecond in med school application time! :D Btw, have you called them to make sure the Canadian foreign address snafu is not affecting your app?

4. brandonite

Moderator Emeritus

Well, I got an email from them a week ago saying that they had recieved my application. So, I'm a bit suprized that it isn't in there...

Sigh. Nothing seems to be easy this year... :D I'll call Stanford in a couple of days to see if I can sort things out. :D

5. SMW

SMW Grand Member

Do it today or tomorrow! Offices are going to be getting in the "closing down for the holidays" mode real soon!

6. warpath

warpath Officer Cadet

7. brandonite

Moderator Emeritus

OK. Not that I don't trust you or anything, but I'll still call them tomorrow after my last final and see what's up. The way I see it, the more of us that call, the better the odds are that they'll actually do something about it. :D

Thanks, both of you! :D

8. AmateurChef

AmateurChef Health policy consultant

Hi --

I work at Stanford (graduated here in June), so I can call the med school anytime with general questions you have. They already denied me, so I'm not a huge fan, but it's just a free local call away...

Just thought I'd make the offer...

9. Triangulation

Triangulation 1K Member

Pharmacist
    Hey Amateurchef! I just saw Lord of the Rings off of Shoreline Blvd. Excellent film. So even if we don't get good news from Stanford at least you've got fine entertainment close at hand. I'm still waiting after submitting my 2dary to Stanny. I'll check to see if it was updated on the site. At any rate, Mountain View is pretty sleepy , but cool.

10. Triangulation

Triangulation 1K Member

Pharmacist
    Ah yeah, they updated my dumb-ass on their site. We'll see if this moves forward.

11. JenniferC15

JenniferC15 Member

I talked to the admissions director from Stanford. He said the reason Canadians couldn't log onto the status check site is because we don't have an SSN.....so us Canadians are pretty much left in the dark. I got an email from them last week saying that they extended the secondary deadline....I didn't even know that I received a secondary! So I wrote to the guy and he said they sent it by regular mail on Nov.27, but because I'm in Canada, it probably is slow to get there. Well...I still haven't got it. It was nice notice to have less than a week to complete a secondary, and have all my reference letters sent!

12. brandonite

Moderator Emeritus

Exact same thing happened to me, with the secondary! They told me that it was because my postal code didn't get properly transmitted, so it wasn't coming at all. I got the same email saying the deadline had been extended, and had to call them to find out that I got a secondary!

Oh well. I guess I shouldn't expect my name in the status check at all.. :(

13. warpath

warpath Officer Cadet