Stanford update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loomis

Lifetime Student
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone
along the lines of the "waiting for harvard" thread...i wanted to tell those who are still waiting for stanford that i interviewed there recently and an admissions "counselor"...very nice...gave me an exit interview to chat about the day. he said that this year they were REALLY backed up due to some mishaps with a new application service. So, apps have been heavily backlogged....so no news is definitely good news. he was saying that the committee hasn't even met for their first round of acceptances (which usually happens in late oct). He also said that mid nov interviewees might expect a 4-6 week wait for feedback but it may even be much later...possibly early 2004 before we get word. hope this info helps! best of luck to everyone!
loomis

Members don't see this ad.

thanks for the info, loomis!

how did you like stanford?

Originally posted by loomis
hi everyone
along the lines of the "waiting for harvard" thread...i wanted to tell those who are still waiting for stanford that i interviewed there recently and an admissions "counselor"...very nice...gave me an exit interview to chat about the day. he said that this year they were REALLY backed up due to some mishaps with a new application service. So, apps have been heavily backlogged....so no news is definitely good news. he was saying that the committee hasn't even met for their first round of acceptances (which usually happens in late oct). He also said that mid nov interviewees might expect a 4-6 week wait for feedback but it may even be much later...possibly early 2004 before we get word. hope this info helps! best of luck to everyone!
loomis

why wait on stanford when u know ur going to michigan???

Members don't see this ad :)
Loomis tell us a bit about your interview experience please.

I am interviewing there in a few days :)

Ack, Stanford is rolling?

hi everyone,
interview was great. my faculty interviewer was at the va (gorgeous). anyway, very low stress. my impression of the place was very positive. i was worried about comments about the facilities there but when i got there i was amazed by the newer buildings and future plans. true, their library was pretty dank, but the newer facilites and classrooms seemed up to date and very nice. they also have new changes to their curriculum..similar to michigan with a scholary focus. pretty interesting. tezzie, i hope you have fun!

PS i received a bunch of pm's about my app timeline. i was complete in late august, heard back about a month+ later.

Originally posted by Steinway
why wait on stanford when u know ur going to michigan???
:D you're bleeding true blue already???? :p

Originally posted by periodic
Ack, Stanford is rolling?

yup. i think they interview through april, start accepting in dec or early 2004

Man, I would love to get an interview from Stanford. But I guess at this point no news is good news? I've been complete since late August.