Stanford?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scully

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who is taking the August MCAT gotten a secondary (or any kind of acknowledgement) from Stanford?

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately, you probably won't hear anything from Stanford until they get your MCAT scores. From what I hear, they like to have as much info. as possible before they decide to send out a secondary.

From my experience last year taking August MCAT, Stanford won't send out a secondary until mid-December, since your scores won't be available until late November. And lemme tell you...that secondary is 6 pages of hell! :)

box of hair

Members don't see this ad :)
I just sent my Stanford application back. It was seven pages, but was not as difficult as the Duke application. You send it through the Internet so don't feel bad when they send you a very thin letter.

Originally posted by scully:
Has anyone who is taking the August MCAT gotten a secondary (or any kind of acknowledgement) from Stanford?

As a person who applied (and accepted) last year with August MCATs, Stanford will not consider your application until they receive your scores. Thus, I received my secondary in Mid November (MCAT scores were released in Mid-October).

Congratulations Tiger!

Can I ask what your stats were? (If that is too personal I totally understand!)

Roughly, 3.8+, 35+.

Now, to qualify those 'numbers'.

Stats are an important part of your application -- obviously. However, once you receive the secondary (which is given out based upon your primary application which includes the 'stats' AND your essay/ec's), the majority of the weight is placed on that. So don't shirk on it! Then they evaluate the secondary via 3-person committee and decide who to give interviews to.

Best of luck!

[This message has been edited by Tigger Tiger (edited 08-23-2000).]

Stanford is a breeding ground for ******. You don't want to go there!