SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bluedevil, Nov 6, 2001.

1. bluedevil

bluedevil Junior Member

Oct 8, 2001
    Does anyone know what percentage of applicants to Stanford get secondaries? What are your chances of an interview after getting a secondary? Thanks!
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. gower

gower 1K Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York
    Approximately 50% of AMCAS applicants are invited to submit secondaries. Students who do not receive a secondary are notified of rejection beginning in August.* Of those completing a secondary, approximately 8% are invited for interview. Of those interviewed, about 30% are accepted on a rolling basis, 45% rejected; first rejections mailed in September)*, and 25% placed on a rank-ordered wait-list.
    *(Dates probably later this year because of AMCAS troubles)

In recent years, admitted students had a mean GPA of 3.7; mean VR 10, PS 12, BS 12.
  4. choker

choker Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 30, 2001
    welcome back Gower.

stanford's website says that 20% of those that complete secondaries are invited for interview. I think the rest of your stats are accurate, though.
  5. dlc

dlc Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Sep 8, 1999
    Durham, NC
    So does the quote that 50% of applicants are invited to fill out secondaries hold for this year? I was wondering if Stanford (and other schools for that matter) have some kind of formula for grades and MCATS and if you fit that formula you automatically get sent a secondary. I am only wondering because I added Stanford to my list of schools at the last minute (last Friday actually) and got their secondary invitation yesterday. A little too fast for them to do any other type of screening, wouldn't you say?