Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluedevil

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what percentage of applicants to Stanford get secondaries? What are your chances of an interview after getting a secondary? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Approximately 50% of AMCAS applicants are invited to submit secondaries. Students who do not receive a secondary are notified of rejection beginning in August.* Of those completing a secondary, approximately 8% are invited for interview. Of those interviewed, about 30% are accepted on a rolling basis, 45% rejected; first rejections mailed in September)*, and 25% placed on a rank-ordered wait-list.
*(Dates probably later this year because of AMCAS troubles)

In recent years, admitted students had a mean GPA of 3.7; mean VR 10, PS 12, BS 12.

welcome back Gower.

stanford's website says that 20% of those that complete secondaries are invited for interview. I think the rest of your stats are accurate, though.

So does the quote that 50% of applicants are invited to fill out secondaries hold for this year? I was wondering if Stanford (and other schools for that matter) have some kind of formula for grades and MCATS and if you fit that formula you automatically get sent a secondary. I am only wondering because I added Stanford to my list of schools at the last minute (last Friday actually) and got their secondary invitation yesterday. A little too fast for them to do any other type of screening, wouldn't you say?
dlc