Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Stanford's Application Status Check

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Goku, Nov 5, 2001.

1. Goku

Goku Member
    7+ Year Member

2. Maple

7+ Year Member

Yup! me too..but still no secondary! :(

3. Weeble

Weeble Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

For me it took about 2-3 weeks from when I existed in their system to getting the secondary email, and I think they're sending out secondaries to about 50% of people who apply.
    I know that doesn't make the time go any faster, but hang in there!! You can do eet! (in my best Bela Karoli voice)

4. Osler Penfield

7+ Year Member

I am confused...we can use Stanford's status check BEFORE we are sent an email notification inviting us to fill out a secondary? Can someone please clarify this for me? Thanx.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Weeble

Weeble Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

If they haven't recieved your AMCAS app, then the status check system will have no record of you. If they have recieved your AMCAS app, you'll see a page indicating that they don't have your secondary or LORs. But that doesn't necessarily mean you'll get the email/snail mail inviting you to complete the secondary. For that, more waiting! Joy! ;)

(ps. The waiting game sucks, let's play Hungry, Hungry Hippos. :D )

6. Weeble

Weeble Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Sorry. Read over my earlier post and it seemed a bit murky.
    Just to clarify, yes, you can use it before the secondary invite, but it doesn't tell you much besides whether or not they've gotten your AMCAS app.

7. Osler Penfield

7+ Year Member

wow weeble...thanx for the quick reply...my AMCAS application was just verified on Nov.2 so I assume Stanford's status check will show that on Nov. 9th, their next web update

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Weeble

Weeble Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Not sure... I don't know if they transmit to schools as soon as they verify. :confused:

9. jase133

jase133 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

don't count on it
    ugh

:confused:

i was verified, processed etc etc and all that stuff.. all by Nov 1st or something. the last update of stanford was nov 5. not on their system yet. hopefully i will get in next time.. or the next.. or the next.. or i'll get in somewhere else by that time (like really accepted!)

10. brandonite

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

According to AMCAS, my app was transferred to Stanford on October 29th, and I was verified yesterday, and Stanford's status check still doesn't recognize me. So, it might be a fairly long wait...

11. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I was verified on 10/19 and am in the Stanford status check for the first time today. I submitted the Stanford secondary on 11/3.