Star Trek the movie.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StaviZFingerZ

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As a longtime trekkie, this is by far the best done movie. I'm glad Romulans were brought back and always wondered why they weren't part of the TNG movie franchise. I'm actually looking forward to the next movie already and this crew has completely replaced the TNG crew as my favorite of all time.

There's no doubt the young spock stole the movie, in my illogical mind.
The Movie received the standing ovation from the audience today.

2 thumbs up! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

As a longtime trekkie, this is by far the best done movie. I'm glad Romulans were brought back and always wondered why they weren't part of the TNG movie franchise. I'm actually looking forward to the next movie already and this crew has completely replaced the TNG crew as my favorite of all time.

There's no doubt the young spock stole the movie, in my illogical mind.
The Movie received the standing ovation from the audience today.

2 thumbs up! :thumbup: :thumbup:

not a huge trek fan. did see that movie where they were going after the whale and it sucked bad.

GREAT MOVIE (the new one). the only things i had a problem with are:

1.) the 2 spocks being around which doesnt really address the tv show later on.

2.) spock having a romantic relationship.

saw it in IMAX, was insane!

Members don't see this ad :)
1.) the 2 spocks being around which doesnt really address the tv show later on.

What do you mean? I could shed some light on this if you elaborate a bit more.

2.) spock having a romantic relationship.

This puzzles me a bit. The first inter-racial kiss on network TV was between Kirk and Uhura.... so somethings up. Setting it for the next movie.

Dang...let me retract my statement about the Romulans....completely forgot about Shinzon-Picard duplicate in Nemesis... Hard to think of him as a Romulan.

Here is a little trivia for you nerds. Where and how did the Federation get the cloaking technology?

Z??

trekkie_nerds.jpg

Oh wait, is that you??

trekkie1.thumbnail.jpg

:smuggrin:

Oh well, I can't discount it too much when I see something like this:

obamatrek.jpg

Saw Star Trek yesterday in IMAX. What an awesome movie.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang...let me retract my statement about the Romulans....completely forgot about Shinzon-Picard duplicate in Nemesis... Hard to think of him as a Romulan.

Here is a little trivia for you nerds. Where and how did the Federation get the cloaking technology?

During the Dominion wars from the Romulans.

I thought the Klingons had it first and it came from them.

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Cloaking_device#The_Federation_and_the_cloak
The Federation and the cloak

The improved Romulan cloak

Ever since the Enterprise's encounter with the bird-of-prey in 2266, the United Federation of Planets has had a strong interest in cloaking technology.
In 2268, the Federation learned that the Romulans had developed a new and improved cloaking device; one that even tracking sensors could not pick up and that posed a threat to the security of the Federation. On stardate 5027.3, Starfleet Intelligence sent the Enterprise on a covert mission across the Romulan Neutral Zone to acquire the new cloak. The mission was a success, and Starfleet was presumably able to develop a way to penetrate the new cloak. The Federation also presumably acquired a cloaking device from a captured Klingon bird-of-prey, dubbed the "HMS Bounty", in 2286. (TOS: "The Enterprise Incident"; Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home)
For reasons not entirely clear, Starfleet apparently did very little to develop cloaking technology. Then in 2311, with the signing of the Treaty of Algeron, the Federation explicitly agreed not to develop cloaking technology . The Bajoran Provisional Government also outlawed cloaking devices, stating that the possession of such a device is highly illegal. (TNG: "The Pegasus"; DS9: "Profit and Loss")
Gene Roddenberry indicated in various interviews that "our heroes don't sneak around", indicating that the Federation made a conscious decision to not develop cloaking technology.

Last edited:
Ok Mr. Googler... that describes the cloaking technology and the United Federation of Planets. But how did the Federation literally get the cloaking device?

Question 2: Who was the first Q to appear on Star Trek?

The movie presented a very interesting deviation from the original canon; I liked!