started a band-- we play gigs and benefit shows, could it be leadership experience??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SOAPsucks222

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I started a band (i play drums) and we're getting very involved in the local Dallas scene. We play gigs and benefit shows to raise money. Since I am a founding member, and have helped schedule practices, recording, events, not to mention the large aspect of writing music, could this be considered leadership experience on a med school app?! I am EXTREMELY passionate about music and this band has become a very large part of my life, and I would like to incorporate it to help my career in any way possible. I only do it for the passion and fun, though.

Also, could the benefit shows be considered volunteering?
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I started a band (i play drums) and we're getting very involved in the local Dallas scene. We play gigs and benefit shows to raise money. Since I am a founding member, and have helped schedule practices, recording, events, not to mention the large aspect of writing music, could this be considered leadership experience on a med school app?! I am EXTREMELY passionate about music and this band has become a very large part of my life, and I would like to incorporate it to help my career in any way possible. I only do it for the passion and fun, though.

thanks!
Of course it is leadership and volunteering! I started a band and put it on my app as both.

Reactions: 1 user

thanks!
Yes to both and probably more interesting than most of the generic things that are on apps.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

thanks!
Leadership (for the leadership component only) and Artistic Endeavor (could include everything), as well as Community Service (only the philanthropy portion, depending on where the money went). Can you estimate the hours that went into each component?

Leadership (for the leadership component only) and Artistic Endeavor (could include everything), as well as Community Service (only the philanthropy portion, depending on where the money went). Can you estimate the hours that went into each component?

I should be able to estimate it, VERY roughly, though.